[1.1.74]Combat robots are invulnerable to explosions(grenades, artillery etc) & nonhoming projectiles (shotguns, cannon)

Bugs that are actually features.
Erythion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.74]Combat robots are invulnerable to explosions(grenades, artillery etc) & nonhoming projectiles (shotguns, cannon)

Post by Erythion »

What happened?
Combat robots do not have a collision mask defined, which makes them immune to all damage that is not a direct homing attack. This includes explosive damage from grenades, explosive rockets, explosive cannon shells, artillery. Projectiles that do not home in also do not collide with combat robots, and thus does not affect it. This affects all shotgun shells and regular cannon shells.
What did you expect to happen instead?
Combat robots take damage from all of the damage sources mentioned above.
Reproduction steps
1. Spawn combat robots assigned to enemy force (save file provided)
2. Shoot at combat robots using weapons mentioned above
Attachments
combat-robot-demo.zip
(540.07 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.74]Combat robots are invulnerable to explosions(grenades, artillery etc) & nonhoming projectiles (shotguns, can

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working as intended. If you want them to work differently you can make a mod that changes their collision mask.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.74]Combat robots are invulnerable to explosions(grenades, artillery etc) & nonhoming projectiles (shotguns, can

Post by Nidan »

Out of curiosity, how do robots take fire damage? At first glance, I'd sort fire into the non-targeted group, but bots certainly burn when flying over fire.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Nidan wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:10 am
Out of curiosity, how do robots take fire damage? At first glance, I'd sort fire into the non-targeted group, but bots certainly burn when flying over fire.
The fire flame on the ground doesn't do any filtering for collision masks, it just does damage to all entities in the fire hitbox

Return to “Not a bug”