[1.1.59] Impossible to insert sufficient of non-stackable item

Bugs that are actually features.
Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.59] Impossible to insert sufficient of non-stackable item

Post by Berserker55 »

The recipe Image requires multiple remotes but the usual stack increase recipes seem to apply doesn't trigger, allowing you to only put 1 in. I'm not sure if the intended behaviour is to not allow such recipes or to allow stacking within the recipe.

Mod is the output of a randomizer ( https://archipelago.gg ), of which I'm the author of the randomizer.

If the intended behaviour is to not allow such recipes then I can check for that in the randomizer and blacklist such ingredients for random recipes, though you may want to do the same in Factorio's startup phase.

If the intended behaviour is to allow stacking to satisfy the recipe, then that's not working.
Attachments
bugreport.zip
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
AP-45164287385201458124-P1-Adrem_0.3.2.zip
(92.61 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.59] Impossible to insert sufficient of non-stackable item

Post by Silari »

Does the spidertron remote actually have the non-stackable flag? Far as I can see it doesn't, just has stack size set to 1. The flag specifically disallows stacking in assembling machines, which a stack size of 1 doesn't.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

the remote itself is not modified by the mod, so whatever flags it has vanilla is what it is.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I am not considering this to be a bug. Ingredient stacks are just normal ItemStacks with a custom stack limit applied during transfers, but that does not mean that items that were never able to merge into single ItemStack could magically now be merged and stored by a single ItemStack. 2 items of SpiderRemote prototype are never considered "equal" and they do not have any custom logic to merge 2 stacks, so you cannot have them merged ever until someone implement the equality check or custom merge. There are many items that cannot be merged, all of them have one common thing: they contain extra data. Tools (repair tool, science packs) and Ammo can be merged because they have custom merge implemented that merges durability or ammo left, ItemWithEntityData (for spiders) implements equality so you can merge 2 spidertrons as an item if they contain the same settings, color, name and both have no grid (grids data never compare equal). Simple items can be merged because they do not contain any data.

Return to “Not a bug”