Cancelling blueprint changes fails to revert upgrade change

Bugs that are actually features.
AJUK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cancelling blueprint changes fails to revert upgrade change

Post by AJUK »

Upgrading let's say some fast inserters to stack inserters inside a blueprint and then next cancelling these blueprint changes by pressing Escape will result in the blueprint saving the upgrade changes when it should not.

Version: 1.1.53 (build 59373, win64)
No mods installed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cancelling blueprint changes fails to revert upgrade change

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working correctly. When you apply the upgrade it's an immediate change that can't be cancelled.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AJUK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AJUK »

Not sure if a miscommunication but I shall clarify just in case.
I am not referring to the action of applying the upgrade being the problem, rather once the upgrade has been applied inside the blueprint and then the user goes to Escape from the blueprint (not saving any changes) that the issue occurs where the upgrade action isn't reverted. This results in a situation where an upgrade change gets saved to the blueprint but any other changes are discarded, such as removal of blueprint elements via right-click. So the saved blueprint now simultaneously has some elements changed while other changes were discarded. Logically speaking this feels like it shouldn't be the correct behavior.

intertoothh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by intertoothh »

If its working like intended, its a inconsistency in the UI. And not working as inspected.

Etherblood
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Etherblood »

That upgrades are saved automatically also surprised me, I expected the save button to be responsible for saving, and all other edit buttons to only make transient (until saved) changes.

Return to “Not a bug”