[1.1.53] Ammo that can't be used with handheld guns can still be inserted into character ammo slots

Bugs that are actually features.
atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.53] Ammo that can't be used with handheld guns can still be inserted into character ammo slots

Post by atomizer »

Artillery and cannon shells can be inserted into character ammo slots (with empty gun slot). After this, gun slot tooltip changes to just "Gun" with no options.
Last edited by atomizer on Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ammo that can't be used with handheld guns can still be inserted into character ammo slots

Post by DanGio »

And with the hidden "Artillery cannon" item only accessible in editor mode, you can shoot artillery shells with the character. :lol:

Thanks for this report, I never noticed and didn't believed it at first :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.53] Ammo that can't be used with handheld guns can still be inserted into character ammo slots

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't consider either of these bugs. The ammo slots can store ammo and the gun slots can store guns. How you get the ammo or how you get the guns doesn't matter to them - they just store those items.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.53] Ammo that can't be used with handheld guns can still be inserted into character ammo slots

Post by aka13 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:23 pm
Thanks for the report however I don't consider either of these bugs. The ammo slots can store ammo and the gun slots can store guns. How you get the ammo or how you get the guns doesn't matter to them - they just store those items.
But you can't ctrl-click ammo to trash because of that...
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Return to “Not a bug”