[1.1.42] Unable to manually repair friendly unit type entities with repair kit

Bugs that are actually features.
heyqule
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.42] Unable to manually repair friendly unit type entities with repair kit

Post by heyqule »

What did you do?
I tried to manually repair friendly unit type entity with repair kit in early game.

What happened?
It does not work. The unit doesn't get repaired.

What did you expect to happen instead?
I expected it to work just like repairing any friendly entities. However, I see that the units can be repaired by construction bots.

I tested this on Klonan's https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kombat_Drones and my mod. The units have same behavior.

heyqule
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.42] Unable to manually repair friendly unit type entities with repair kit

Post by heyqule »

I just did another test on mod robot army (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/robotarmy), which has similar unit type entity. Manual repair don't work on them as well.
repairbug.png
repairbug.png (4.12 MiB) Viewed 1886 times

KeepResearchinSpoons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.42] Unable to manually repair friendly unit type entities with repair kit

Post by KeepResearchinSpoons »

Proposed label:
NOT A BUG.

Reasoning:
The screen provided shows a player inside a vehicle.

However, Neither being inside a car nor being inside a spider allows you to use repair packs by hand.
You can try this with any damaged item being inside a car at any recent version.

The bots however can (and do) use your roboports which have no limits imposed on a player being inside a vehicle.

This can seem counter-intuitive, especially with the spider looking kinda like a bigger exo-suite and ability to use capsules (grenades) just fine.

IIRC this had to do with players repairing each other's cars on the move or smth. Nano-repairs of the past... PVP did not get any better since and you still have no option to defend your land against but any geared player whatsoever. Regardless, you can repair the moving-by tank with another player inside, provided you have the reach range.

Yet, I want you to confirm that simply exiting a spider makes repair packs in Factorio great again. (and that the issue is no longer in place)

Greetings,
and best of luck.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Robot armies bots repair fine manually so you either actually did only try this within a vehicle or did something else wrong.

heyqule
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by heyqule »

I retried Robot army without vehicle. It worked.

The prototypes were missing ""player-creation" flag. Manual repair depends on this flag to work.

Return to “Not a bug”