Post by Xorimuth »

To reproduce:
  • Enter spidertron
  • Open inventory
  • Shift-click on a stack of rockets
  • Observe error message
Expected behaviour:
  • Rockets enter spidertron ammo inventory
This behaviour is inconsistent because it works as expected with cars and tanks.

Note that it does work for all cars/tanks/spidertrons when the vehicle inventory is open - this is specifically when only the player inventory is open.
Bug demo.mp4
(56.28 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
factorio-current.log
(13.24 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.41] Cannot shift-click ammo from inventory to spidertron

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report however as for now this is working as intended. This behavior was introduced in 1.1.22 with the following changelog record:
FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Changes
  • Changed personal logistic requests for ammo so they don't get delivered to the spidertron you're driving. (95741)
I see the difference in a way the transfer is triggered, but internally transfers from logistic robots and transfer within a character are considered the same kind of transfers

-- edit:
I am starting to think why was this check hardcoded, it could be turned into a simple bool on a VehiclePrototype, maybe something like "take_ammo_from_character_transfers" that would be set to false on the spidertron, that way modders would be able to alter this behavior at will.. That would however be a modding interface request which would need a separate discussion at least about the name of it, or this could be reconsidered if maybe a separate flag to show if those transfers are self transfers or from logistic bot would help to separate those kind of transfers and only prevent one of them moving ammo to spider

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.41] Cannot shift-click ammo from inventory to spidertron

Post by Xorimuth »

boskid wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:51 am
it could be turned into a simple bool on a VehiclePrototype, maybe something like "take_ammo_from_character_transfers" that would be set to false on the spidertron, that way modders would be able to alter this behavior at will.. That would however be a modding interface request which would need a separate discussion at least about the name of it
I personally don't see the point in just exposing it to modders. It isn't a feature that would be particularly useful for some mods over others, you'd just be delegating the wanted-vs-unwanted behaviour trade-off to the player.
or this could be reconsidered if maybe a separate flag to show if those transfers are self transfers or from logistic bot would help to separate those kind of transfers and only prevent one of them moving ammo to spider
This seems to me a sensible option that would fix the unwanted behaviour, so I'd support this :D
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Not a bug”