[0.18.17] Mod Downloading - My game downloaded two ghost mods?

Bugs that are actually features.
Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.18.17] Mod Downloading - My game downloaded two ghost mods?

Post by Crixomix »

I had been putting off downloading some mod updates (pyanodons/bobs/angels) stuff because I'm currently playing Krastorio+SE and had those disabled anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/I2Uxdy2

Well I finally was getting bothered by some leftovers, so I checked the box at the top (by name, you know, the "check all" checkbox), and then hit update selected. Well, there were 6 mods selected, but then at the bottom right, it said "downloading 1 of 8". That didn't make sense. Then, as it finished downloading the 6th, it looked like all my mods were updated, but then it downloaded two more things! Mods which didn't exist in the lefthand menu. You can see in the photo what it looked like as it downloaded the "first" ghost mod.

I'm happy to provide other information if needed, not really sure what else to say. It was weird!
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(53.24 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
factorio-current.log
(40.4 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.17] Mod Downloading - My game downloaded two ghost mods?

Post by Rseding91 »

Those are required dependencies of the updated version of the mod(s). You can over over the download bar to see what it's downloading.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.17] Mod Downloading - My game downloaded two ghost mods?

Post by Pi-C »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:27 pm
You can over over the download bar to see what it's downloading.
There I was, downloading mods (with and without additional dependencies) for a long time, always wondering why Factorio wouldn't show me what mod exactly it was that just was coming in -- and now I see this! Well, one really learns something new every day. :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Not a bug”