[0.17.58] Map glitching-Fog of war in areas, where radars are.

Bugs that are actually features.
Jewelcely
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.58] Map glitching-Fog of war in areas, where radars are.

Post by Jewelcely »

Hello,
I have found problem on my map. When I want to explore more for richer resources, my map at first doesn't load the new areas, that are scouted by artillery shells and then the radars shut down. All the radars are online, the power output is 4x bigger than the consumption (4,1GW consumption to 20,0GW production) and then everything is in fog of war. I can't see what bitters damage during their raid or what's happening to my production or how many resources do I have in my outposts. Also the fog of war is in area, where the player character is.
The map has 1146 hours on it. I tried to see, if the mods are the issue, but I disabled all of the mods and it the same.

The save is too big for me to upload on Factorio forums, it gives me "Error parsing server response" message.
The only way I can share the save is through Google disk.

Save: Multiplaya 3- is the save before the exploring and radar shutdown:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i665cN ... sp=sharing

Save: Multiplaya 2- is the save where radars shutdown and fog of war is everywhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18tRCfN ... sp=sharing

This issue started since 0.17.56 update, I haven't noticed it before that.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.58] Map glitching-Fog of war in areas, where radars are.

Post by posila »

Thanks for taking the time to write up the report.

Basically, due of generation of new large area of the map, and lot of map scanning requests created by artillery shells, it takes time to chew through all the map scanning request and even chunks in radar range time out and get covered by fog of war. When things settle down, map scanning will kick up again. It is done this was so that the game doesn't crawl down to 1 UPS in situtations like this, and it is not new behavior to 0.17, so I am moving this to Not a bug.

However, looking at the scanning loop, it might possibly be done little better, so I'll put it onto list as candidate for potential optimization.

Jewelcely
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.58] Map glitching-Fog of war in areas, where radars are.

Post by Jewelcely »

Thank you

Return to “Not a bug”