[0.17.56] While in a game, selecting "Sync Mods with Save" from the load screen will skip the Quit confirmation dialog

Bugs that are actually features.
warped_jack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.56] While in a game, selecting "Sync Mods with Save" from the load screen will skip the Quit confirmation dialog

Post by warped_jack »

Just noticed this while sorting out some mod issues.

Usually after a few moments within the game, attempting to quit will trigger a confirmaton dialog "The game is not saved, are you sure you want to quit?"

Selecting Back, then Load, then using Sync mods with save will take the user to the mod sync menu.
Clicking Back once more (with or without changes) will place the user back on the Main Menu, no confirmation dialog appears.

I would expect a confirmation dialog (either before reaching the mod sync menu or afterwards) so the user doesn't accidentally leave a game in progress without saving.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.56] While in a game, selecting "Sync Mods with Save" from the load screen will skip the Quit confirmation dial

Post by kovarex »

The game is removed in the moment you click the sync mods with save button, same as when you click the "load" button.

After some thought, I believe, that it would be just annoying if you get the confirmation message when you want to load some other game, so I'm going to move it to not a bug.

Return to “Not a bug”