Robots leave roboport network if lost power

Bugs that are actually features.
CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Robots leave roboport network if lost power

Post by CzBuCHi »

Have 2 separated roboport networks. When one network lost its power all bots starts flying to second one (which has power).

I would expect, that when roboport dont have power to recharge robots these robots try find another roboport IN SAME ROBOPORT NETWORK and if none found, then store itself inside roboport and not fly to second roboport network (which can be faaar away and tru enemy territory ...)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Robots leave roboport network if lost power

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
This works as intended. When Roboport loses power and uses up its internal charge, stops transmitting, which makes it disconnect from network (same as if the roboport was mined or destroyed). If all roboports in the network lose power, the network ceases to exist and bots that are in the air try to find new network for themselves.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

Ah ... okay .... i was expecting, that robot simply park itself inside that roboport until power is restored - and not move at snail speed to active roboport 10000 tiles away cross enemy territory ...

Anyway any chance of having this as option?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

CzBuCHi wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:31 pm
Ah ... okay .... i was expecting, that robot simply park itself inside that roboport until power is restored - and not move at snail speed to active roboport 10000 tiles away cross enemy territory ...

Anyway any chance of having this as option?
Nope.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”