[15.40] Passive biters chilling in my base till I come near

Bugs that are actually features.
VonFlaffenhausen
Inserter
Inserter

[15.40] Passive biters chilling in my base till I come near

Post by VonFlaffenhausen »

Hi,
I had been out securing my borders and had not been in my base for a bit, when I drove my train back to my base, for a split second I thought I saw a biter on my belt but then it was gone. I did not get an alert or anything.
I started doubting myself so I decided to reload an autosave. Luckily, I am not crazy and there really where 4 biters in my base just chilling.
When I got near, they started moving, 3 just disappeared in thin air, 1 attacked me.
Seems,.. buggy :)

https://streamable.com/wli8w

Factorio 15.40
Last edited by VonFlaffenhausen on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Passive biters chilling in my base till I come near

Post by Jap2.0 »

Can you upload a save where I can do this?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Based on 47345 not a bug. It might look weird, but I think this is normal behaviour if they are not enraged and there is no player nearby.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

Loewchen wrote:Based on 47345 not a bug. It might look weird, but I think this is normal behaviour if they are not enraged and there is no player nearby.
Perhaps, but normally I'd expect a bunch of working stone furnaces to be the tiniest little bit enraging to them. :-)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Lav wrote:
Loewchen wrote:Based on 47345 not a bug. It might look weird, but I think this is normal behaviour if they are not enraged and there is no player nearby.
Perhaps, but normally I'd expect a bunch of working stone furnaces to be the tiniest little bit enraging to them. :-)
I *think* that they only get mad because their base is sucking up pollution. They themselves couldn't care less if they can't breathe.

VonFlaffenhausen
Inserter
Inserter

Lav wrote:
I can understand them despawning at some point due to inactivity.

But they where inactive, then I activated them by getting near, so, now they are not inactive anymore and then they despawn.
Don't think that is intended behavior right?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

VonFlaffenhausen wrote: But they where inactive, then I activated them by getting near, so, now they are not inactive anymore and then they despawn.
Don't think that is intended behavior right?
There are several independent mechanics to despawn them. The conclusion of other reports is, that unless a save with biters despawning while attacking something can be provided, it is considered intended behaviour. It may not look pretty but it does not seem to have had an overhaul since 0.9, so the bar is quite low.

VonFlaffenhausen
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [15.40] Passive biters chilling in my base till I come near

Ok,
Thanks for clarifying.
We'll leave it at that!

Return to “Not a bug”