Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report however this is working as intended. The wood item and fish item don't build wood or fish so the game has no way to know that's what you want to filter. Multiple types of trees produce the same wood and multiple types of fish can produce the same fish item (should multiple fish exist).
The "select by the item in the cursor" mechanic works off the thing the item builds and in those two instances they don't build anything so they don't select anything.
You have to use the normal pop-up GUI to select the corresponding entities you want selected.
1) Have full inventory.
2) Assembly machine has a full stack of one component needed for crafting operation (like iron gears).
3) Click the button to change what the machine crafts.
4) Watch ground get covered with items, some 'hidden' under the edge of various machines.
5) Pull out trusty deconstruction planner to tell your bots to pick up the mess
6) Find out you cannot put iron gears as a filter on the planner even though area selection allows marking items on the ground for collection.
Any chance this will be fixed? With mods, the 'stack' of items can become literally thousands of items, which are a problem in an array of assembly machines.