[0.15.30] Bots overdelivering to storage

Bugs that are actually features.
Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.30] Bots overdelivering to storage

Post by Mylon »

I found a lot of bots shipping ore from one storage chest on one end of the base to another storage chest on the other end of the base, causing some severe congestion. I found this:

http://imgur.com/a/RT4Na

One chest was scheduled to get more ore than it could hold, so bots are arriving at this chest and then going to a different one across the factory. And I'm sure other chests have the same problem.

I think this is related to deconstructing full chests as that's when it's most noticeable.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.30] Bots overdelivering to storage

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is currently working correctly. Robots don't check the amount of items in a given container (or items to be delivered) before choosing a chest as that would add a large amount of overhead to picking which container to put items when the majority case is the container can hold most if not all of what the robot has.

There's some logic in place now that if a robot fails to put the items into the container and there are no other containers with partially full stacks it will check the immediate containers next to it to put items into those.

In your case you happen to have partially full containers spread across your base and the robots try to fill those first.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”