decider combinator bug

Bugs that are actually features.
Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

decider combinator bug

Post by Sneaker2 »

I tried to do a set up with a decider combinator "everthing > 0" output "A = 1".

I did a small test-setup for this "bug", whereas I hooked up a constant combinator with a decider combinator. Constant combinator was set to "B = 1" and the decider had the condition "everything > 0" >>> output: "A = 1".

Once I switched the constand c on and off again the output-signal from the decider c remained forever, even though the deciding condition wasnt met anymore. I even disconnected the signal-cable. To me this seems like a bug. I couldnt imagine how this is supposed to be the norm.
decider bug 3 23062017.png
decider bug 3 23062017.png (2.66 MiB) Viewed 1382 times
I havent found any blog with this problem

Would be interested if I got something wrong here.
Last edited by Sneaker2 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: decider combinator bug

Post by Loewchen »

Can your report be condensed to: "everything > 1" is true when not having an input signal?

Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sneaker2 »

Loewchen wrote:Can your report be condensed to: "everything > 1" is true when not having an input signal?
This seems to be the case. This only seems to apply, when the output-option "signal=1 / true" is selected. If you set the decider c output to "output input-signal" the decider c will work as intended.

decider bug 4 23062017.png
decider bug 4 23062017.png (2.67 MiB) Viewed 1381 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Sneaker2 wrote:
Loewchen wrote:Can your report be condensed to: "everything > 1" is true when not having an input signal?
This seems to be the case.
Then it is working as intended. Look for a virtual signal tutorial to find out how use them to make your setup work.

Return to “Not a bug”