Technology popup

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Technology popup

Post by DaveMcW »

After completing the "Repair the lab and Assembling machine" objective, the technology tree gui opens. But all technologies are still disabled, so it just confuses the player.

After you close the technology tree gui, the "Unlock new recipes" mission starts and then you have to repoen the technology tree gui to select Basic electronics.

It would be nice if there was a way to suppress the initial technology tree popup.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Technology popup

Post by valneq »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:08 pm
After you close the technology tree gui, the "Unlock new recipes" mission starts and then you have to repoen the technology tree gui to select Basic electronics.
Yes, it happens quite frequently that a technology is the current objective, and you see the technology popup before you get the "objective accomplished" message. I quite frequently spend some time in the technology view when it opens. This makes me forget which objective I have just accomplished, and I am wondering about this question when I see the message once I finally close the technology window. And as DaveMcW said, new technologies can become available only after you get the message, and you have to immediately re-open the technology tree to see it different from what you have just spent some time looking at.

This does not feel like a logical order of events.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Technology popup

Post by abregado »

I will be sure to consider this when we redesign the "Technology complete" popup.

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”