[0.17.34] tutorial feedback

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
roaringdragon2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.34] tutorial feedback

Post by roaringdragon2 »

I have 286 steam hours, probably about 500 non steam hours.

I didn't like the sound effect when you press tab to proceed to the next tip when it is explaining inventories, although that might just have been because I was tabbing through them so fast.

The tutorial felt a little slow, although that might just be a combination of my hours and how bad at the game I am.

After researching the escape pod blackbox, I went out to meet the bugs and pickaxe them in the face, and I could neither pickaxe them or be attacked by them. They just stood there.

When compilatron wanted me to go east, I saw so and started going, then he ran right past me into the base instead of turning around and leading me. When I proceeded to the right side of the map, I was confused that I was walking against the blackness and nothing was happening. Took me a bit to figure out I had to go to compilatron, which him not being where he was supposed to be quickly kinda exaggerated.

once I got to the water, I got bored and stopped. Sorry about that. But I do feel like a new player might get the same feeling after getting their base destroyed and having to start from scratch.

It took me a while to figure out how to leave feedback. first I had trouble getting into my forum account, then I had trouble finding the correct section. I imagine new players trying to leave feedback won't have too much better a time.

Despite pretty much everything in this post being negative, I do love your game! It is all meant to be constructive feedback.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 1.17.34 tutorial feedback

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

I don't recall -- was it mentioned to press and hold Right-click on buildings/boxes/inserters to delete/pick them up? I was able to pick up my entire base1 during the evacuation step, but I knew to do that already.
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”