[0.17.17] Campaing feedback

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
gamestefan
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.17] Campaing feedback

Post by gamestefan »

Just finished the NPE/Tutorial campaign. Altough I am not a new player, I though it would be good to give it a try.

Let's start with the parts I really liked:
- This bot buddy Compilatron is a really nice additon to the game. I like him better than the hovering messages we had in previous versions.
- I like the geography of the area where the introduction takes plaece. it gives very nice chokepoints to control the biter attacks.
- The extending map is also a nice mechanic to allow players to keep and extend the facory throughout the campain.

I also have a few suggestions:
- I found the campain a little combat havy. I know from the FFF that it's also intended as a produciton challege, but personally I am more into base building than combat.
- In the old campain there was a level that required the player to destroy a biter spawner. This method of combat is my favorite in freeplay to limit the amount of biter attacks and effort I need to spend on defence. I am not sure if this is included in the later stages of the campaign, but it would be a nice addition.
- Exploration is a big part of freeplay to get to all those valuable resources. Currently this is not explained neither is the role that raders can play in the exploration part of the game. It might be good to include it somewhere in the campaign, maybe in one of the next levels.
- At the end of the campaign the crafting menu looks a bit messy in my opinion. Is there a reason not to include the grouping as in the normal Freeplay?

Overall I think the NPE/Campain in 0.17 is a huge improvement over the older versions (I played the campian on 0.15). Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the completed campaign!

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”