Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
vieuxchat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Do you like hordes ? Over 11k

Post by vieuxchat »

Before...

After 11k kills... And yeah, I like lamps :D

You can build over the cliffs, even of you can't walk to the place, so I built some radar on an unreachable place for the critters. And it "divided" their forces. They started wandering mindlessly.
On a last note, I had 3 factories for ammo to the left and 3 for the right. The ammo belts were compressed up until the last % of the research where the consumption was really really high.

Some questions :
1) Once won, the map shows that there are traces of old things (the blue "things" on the radar). Is there things to go see there ? I ask because my factory wasn't built with the intention to expand from it. It was just designed for that particuliar introduction. I would have put things differently.
2) Instead of a two front war, maybe the introduction should give us the ability to take war back to the bitters ? Splitting the ammo on two fronts wasn't that necessary to promote automation, I think. It could be a good way to promote splitters and underground belts. Oh. wait. There's none :p So maybe the two-front war should be "activated" once the player has access to splitters/underground.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Do you like hordes ? Over 11k

Post by CDarklock »

vieuxchat wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:15 pm
It could be a good way to promote splitters and underground belts. Oh. wait. There's none
Stage 2 of tutorial.
Attachments
splitters.png
splitters.png (111.43 KiB) Viewed 1648 times

milo christiansen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by milo christiansen »

That tech should unlock much earlier. As it is there is no way to cross belts in the tutorial.

Forget splitting, merging, balancing, etc. With no way to even cross belts building a factory sucks.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by abregado »

vieuxchat wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:15 pm
Splitting the ammo on two fronts wasn't that necessary to promote automation, I think.
I want to agree, but evidence has shown that a lot of people who should know better did not automate and subsequently were overrun. I will be making it more clear that you SHOULD automate, but I wont be forcing it.

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”