[0.17.31] Tutorial/Scenario: Persistent help box - didn't disappear or wrong location

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Ecconia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.31] Tutorial/Scenario: Persistent help box - didn't disappear or wrong location

Post by Ecconia »

Just got the latest Factorio and started the tutorial/scenario to get the vibe back.

What happend?:
The hint box, indicating where to place the furnace, did not disappear, even after placing the furnace.
Screenshot from 2019-04-13 10-28-15.png

What did I do?
-> I just followed the instructions of the bot. I did take my time and was afk every now and then. Causing the bot to trigger and give me plenty extra help. One of these extra helps is the blue "place" box which seems to appear, when one is not able to place the furnace quick enough according to the bot's standard. As a little rebel I obviously placed the furnace outside of the hint box, for some reasons it did not disappear. The blinking hint box did not disappear until I placed the miner. (I assume the box disappears on placement).

Things I tried:
- I was able to save the state of the blinking hint box, and it is indeed persistence (it gets saved and loaded even after restart).
- I tried to reproduce this issue two times, I didn't manage to. The hint box seems to disappear under normal circumstances when placing the furnace outside of it.

Save file: 0.17.31-scenario-hintbox-issue.zip

What did I expect?
- I expected the hint box to disappear as soon as I placed the furnace.
- In case that the hint box is for the burner (unlikely cause it didn't appear for them at first too), then it should be located on the actual ore.

Best Regards, Ecconia

(Hope I did this right, its my first post here.)
Factorio API doc is my sworn enemy who keeps me raging! One day I will delete/defeat you!

Ecconia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] Tutorial/Scenario: Persistent help box - didn't disappear or wrong location

Post by Ecconia »

Apparently it happened again. I am unsure why this time. But its for the assembling machine which produces the first research packs.
Screenshot from 2019-04-13 12-28-27.png
Screenshot from 2019-04-13 12-28-27.png (507.57 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Placing an assembler fixed it this time. (The hint box was clearly too small for one :P) Dunno what it wanted me to tell even.
Factorio API doc is my sworn enemy who keeps me raging! One day I will delete/defeat you!

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.31] Tutorial/Scenario: Persistent help box - didn't disappear or wrong location

Post by wheybags »

It has been quite a while since this was reported, and the related code has been changed a bunch, so dor now I will move this to pending. If it happens again, please let me know.

Return to “Pending”