Allow "OR" prerequisites in technology prototype

Things that we aren't going to implement
kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Allow "OR" prerequisites in technology prototype

Post by kizrak »

Instead of Technology#prerequisites always being an AND requirement, I would love to see an option/flag for OR, at the prototype level.

I could envision something like a flag that just switches it from AND to OR (which would be sufficient for my needs), or something more complicated.

Sorry if this has already been requested. I had a very hard time searching if this has already be requested, because OR doesn't make a good search term.

Thanks 🧡 !
-Kizrak

AND OR logical logic conjunction disjunction truth functional tables operator boolean equation algebra expression

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Allow "OR" prerequisites in technology prototype

Post by mrudat »

It's easy enough to do a workaround, but I agree, it would be nice to be able to specify 'or' in addition to 'and' for a technology's prerequisites.

I think that the or condition would be better represented as a distinct node, though, so the player can reason about it visually as they can currently do for the 'and' prerequisites.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Allow "OR" prerequisites in technology prototype

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't see this ever happening. The entire technology system now is built under the assumption that every prerequisite is "and": to change that now would be basically re-writing everything that touches technologies and that isn't happening.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't implement”