Sticker effects on 'other' entities

Things that we aren't going to implement
kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Sticker effects on 'other' entities

Post by kizrak »

Prototype/Sticker says that it only effects Prototype/Unit, Prototype/Character and Prototype/Car entities.

I would love to see an API for stickers to also effect buildings / turrets / structures / etc. In particular, I would love to have stickers that can modify the attack speed of turrets and worms. ❤ I would also love to see a sticker effect that disables other buildings.

Modify attack speed/range:
  • Turret (Worms)
  • ArtilleryTurret
  • CombatRobot
Stop spawning (spawn at lower evolution level?) (reset pollution gathered?) (disable absorption of pollution?):
  • EnemySpawner
Act as if they were not getting power, or receiving circuit wire signal to disable them:
  • CraftingMachine
  • Inserter
  • Lab
  • MiningDrill
  • OffshorePump
  • Pump
  • Radar
  • Roboport
  • Beacon
  • ElectricTurret
Stop them from generating power:
  • SolarPanel
  • Boiler
  • BurnerGenerator
  • Generator
  • Turret
Slow/Stop movement/etc, similar to Prototype/Unit:
  • FlyingRobot
  • RollingStock
Zero out (or subtract from) their energy storage:
  • Accumulator
  • Roboport

I would love to be able to give players weapons that could disable/hinder worms and spawners. 🤓 But I believe there is strong potential for a mod that would give biters an artillery type worm that could attack/disable the players base without permanent effects (like damage). Something that would force players to attack a very specific location, forced exploration/adventure/etc.

I'm hoping there is some low hanging fruit in one or more of these aspects /concepts / idea / requests 🤞

Thanks ❤,
-Kizrak

Related posts:
More effects on sticker
Add "effects" to entity

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Sticker effects on 'other' entities

Post by Rseding91 »

Sorry, but this isn't going to happen. Stickers have an impact on the thing using them even when not used - making anything that supports stickers more complicated and fragile to even have support for them.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't implement”