Offshore pump energy source

Things that we aren't going to implement
Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Offshore pump energy source

Post by Linver »

Hi, reading FFF#336, I see that in next updates offshore pumps will be redesined, can be a good moment for ask if is possible add to the OffshorePump prototype the energy_source and energy_usage property, and set it energy_source = "void" by default?
Many modders design alternative offshore pump with eletric or with burnable items energy source, for doing this, the prototype of entity must be changed and is "unoptimal"... so can be an improvment. Thanks all for the attention.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Offshore pump energy source

Post by DaveMcW »

The workaround is to use control.lua to replace offshore pump with an assembling machine.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

Yeah, I do this too and I didn't like it, is lua code, each time a robot or player build and entity... event filters help but at the end: I have two entity, one vanilla, unused, one modded that is a assembler masked like an offshore pump and a lua code that check entities on built events...
If all of this can be avoided modifying the energy source of the prototype could be better

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Sorry, but no. That will make the offshore pump logic have to check that at all times even when not used and massively complicate the entity to add in all the teleporting, deconstruction, changing forces, blueprints and so on just for a modded feature.

We have no interest in making or even supporting modding of offshore pumps requiring power of any kind.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't implement”