Setting a logistic chest active to false should make the logistic network ignore the chest

Things that we aren't going to implement
AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Setting a logistic chest active to false should make the logistic network ignore the chest

Post by AlienX »

Hi,
If possible, i would love for logistical chests (Prototype/LogisticContainer) to be ignored by the logistic network logic when the entity's active state is set to false.

But the player should still be able to use the chest, as in store items manually and set logistical requests, scripts getting the logistical requests of the entity should still return the logistical request slots even if the active is set to false.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Setting a logistic chest active to false should make the logistic network ignore the chest

Post by Rseding91 »

Logistic chests don't support the concept of "active". They are not updatable entities and so setting them active/inactive is a does-nothing function call.

So, there's no way to make it work like you describe.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

raspberrypuppies
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Setting a logistic chest active to false should make the logistic network ignore the chest

Post by raspberrypuppies »

They are turned off when they are marked for deconstruction. Requesters cancel their requests and providers cancel their pickups. Could it simulate the mark-for-deconstruction behavior?

Return to “Won't implement”