EnergySource on LoaderPrototype

Things that we aren't going to implement
Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

EnergySource on LoaderPrototype

Post by Linver »

Hi! Because Loader Prototype is an interface that is dedicated only for mods, now have a big deficit if modders try to create "a loader that require energy to work", very not ups friendly, that make sense because work like an inserter, and I would ask if is possible implement that in loaders too (energy connection an consume, like energy_source :: EnergySource of inserter). I know that loader is a dead prototype for the game, but there's many mods that use it, and I think could improve modded gameplay (and indirectly the whole game experience) for all care about this big deficit of that interface :cry: . Thank you for attention.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: EnergySource on LoaderPrototype

Post by darkfrei »

+1 for default void energy source by loaders, by the mod the energy source can be changed to another energy source: solid fuel, electric energy, fluid energy source or heat.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/EnergySource

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Loaders operate the same as belts (no power required) and I'm not going to be changing that. If mods want loaders that take power then they should be using inserters. If they don't want inserters then they're out of luck.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

I recommend using inserters and make them look like loaders.
Inserters have an energy source, interact with vehicles, allow for loaders only occupying one tile, and will keep getting all the love when it comes to UPS optimizations.

You could actually just fork Miniloaders or write an extension defining new prototypes or altering existing ones to make them powered by different means.

Return to “Won't implement”