Quickbar Slot :: Tint + Button Press event

Things that we aren't going to implement
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Quickbar Slot :: Tint + Button Press event

Post by ownlyme »

I'd like to make a 0.16 Quickbar for 0.17, but the issue is that there's no way to simulate "locking" a button, like in 0.16.
For that i'd need to visualize that a slot is locked (tint/background)
Also i'd need some kind of event to fire when using shift + middle mouse button on a slot, or to be able to read what slot a player has selected.
Alternatively you could realize this request: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46487&p=431418#p431418
Then i'd simply disable your quickbar and make my own...
Please help me to help you making 0.17 playable.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Quickbar Slot :: Tint + Button Press event

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't see this as ever happening. It's well outside of what I want to support modding wise at the moment.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Then... maybe fix the quickbar for the 0.16 veterans?
Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:00 am
I don't see this as ever happening. It's well outside of what I want to support modding wise at the moment.
Then.. fix the quickbar for us 0.16 veterans? please? :( Possibly just as an optional setting
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

ownlyme wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am
Rseding91 wrote:
Then.. fix the quickbar for us 0.16 veterans? please? :( Possibly just as an optional setting
"fix" what?

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:09 am
ownlyme wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am
Rseding91 wrote:
"fix" what?
- Add an option to turn on 0.16-quickbar-style
- Newly crafted items with place-result or capsules get added to the quickbar automatically, alternatively revive the "goes-to-quickbar" flag
- Locking the quickbar slots with middle mouse button or shift+middle mouse button (if you don't want to change existing bindings)
- Allow clearing a slot by using shift/ctrl + left click
- When the last item was used up, clear the slot (except if it's locked)

Maybe it's because i'm modder but i have never used the new quickbar in 500 hours.. It really feels like a chore.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The 0.16 quickbar was deleted. There's no style to enable to make it not-deleted. The rest of the things you describe aren't broken so there's nothing to fix.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:02 pm
The 0.16 quickbar was deleted. There's no style to enable to make it not-deleted. The rest of the things you describe aren't broken so there's nothing to fix.
sorry, i didn't mean "style", i meant "behaviour" ... so an option to toggle the other 4 points

Return to “Won't implement”