More effects on sticker

Things that we aren't going to implement
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

More effects on sticker

Post by Mooncat »

Request: add more possible effects on "sticker" entities, like
  • additional resistance (accept negative value)
  • additional max health
  • attack speed modifier (like target_movement_modifier, but affects attack speed rather than movement speed. 0 = cannot attack)
  • crafting speed modifier (0 = cannot handcraft)
  • vision distance modifier (0 = complete blind)
  • light (make the entity glow 8-) )
  • repeated action, just like poison-cloud. Useful for creating smoke effect on the target.
With these additional effects, we will be able to make many different buffs/debuffs just like RPGs. :D

And hopefully the stun effect mentioned in FFF #169 can also be applied on structures (especially turrets). :mrgreen:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: More effects on sticker

Post by Rseding91 »

Mooncat wrote:And hopefully the stun effect mentioned in FFF #169 can also be applied on structures (especially turrets). :mrgreen:
The stun effect is just a massive speed reduction on the entity for a short time.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Rseding91 wrote:The stun effect is just a massive speed reduction on the entity for a short time.
So it doesn't stop them attacking the player? :? (Especially spitters, because they can attack from long range)
hm.... but it inspired me that, if "attack speed modifier" is implemented, we can make the stun effect by setting both it and target_movement_modifier to 0.

kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kizrak »

I would also love to see more sticker effects. ❤ I would really like to see an attack speed (or attack range) modifier the most.

Sticker effects in approximate desire order:
  1. attack speed modifier
  2. attack range modifier
  3. damage taken modifier (similar to resist modifier, but hopefully simpler and broader in use-cases) (percent or flat or both?) (sorry to ramble, but maybe a selective additional resist would be better than a generic dmg taken modifier)
I'm not sure what Mooncat means by repeated action but I would enjoy seeing something that would allow creating an infectious disease mechanic, where biters could spread it to other biters and/or cause damage/effects to neighboring biters. Everyone loves a biter with COVID... (too soon? :oops: )

PS. Does anyone know how to use mult-OR search?
Otherwise: sticker stickers building buildings turret turrets structure structures effect effects 😢

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Attack range will not happen; the game doesn't support changing attack range of things outside of the artillery turret(s) runtime - at a core level.

Really, I don't see any of these happening.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't implement”