[Closed] Map Editor entities-tab doesn't fire onMined/Death/ etc, please have it fire something

Things that already exist in the current mod API
bolderbrush10
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Closed] Map Editor entities-tab doesn't fire onMined/Death/ etc, please have it fire something

Post by bolderbrush10 »

The entities-tab in the map editor doesn't seem to fire any of the on_mined() / on_died() functions or anything when removing entities.

Please update the map editor to fire some kind of event when entities are removed, so mods can detect this and delete their hidden entities / etc as appropriate. I'd personally be okay if it was even an entirely new callback.
Last edited by bolderbrush10 on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Map Editor entities-tab doesn't fire onMined/Death/ etc, please have it fire something

Post by Rseding91 »

If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bolderbrush10
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Map Editor entities-tab doesn't fire onMined/Death/ etc, please have it fire something

Post by bolderbrush10 »

Ah. Yes, I think I can try that. Thank you.

bolderbrush10
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Closed] Map Editor entities-tab doesn't fire onMined/Death/ etc, please have it fire something

Post by bolderbrush10 »

I did some testing and using LuaBootstrap.register_on_entity_destroyed() has worked for my situation.
I've marked this thread as closed, feel free to move it to 'Already Implemented' or wherever is appropriate.

Return to “Already exists”