Victory!

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Victory!

Post by Zanthra »

So this was pretty crazy. Starting sometime in early 2020 I started my Py Alien Life playthrough, after some stop and go of playing, I got really into it late last year. While I had a blocking issue when the T.U.R.D. killed the speed on many of my plant farms, I returned with abandon. Finally putting together intelligent units, then building the small intermediates needed for perfect samples into utility science, then finally a small trickle of Space Science (40 antellope farms worth).

All in all it was a lot of fun!

A few things working in my favor.

1) Bob's adjustable inserters. This is pretty much a goto mod for me for complex modpacks. It allows inserters to have any source or destination within a 3 tile range, and place on near or far side of belts. Some close rotations with long arm can be very fast especially from machine to box or box to machine, and can easily fully compress blue belts.

2) I was running with my GTTS mod enabled and set to 160 UPS, so the speed of all belts, machines, movement speeds, and other rates are reduced to 3/8 their normal, and the game speed increased to 8/3 normal. Fluid flow rates are not adjusted, so while production and consumption rates of buildings are restored to normal, fluids flow substantially easier at the higher update rates. Some of the designs and decisions I made regarding fluids would not continue to work properly if the update rate was restored to 60. On the other hand, late gate I was only getting between 90 and 120 UPS, so the game was running effectively slower than realtime for me. When seeing the ingame clock of 1018:57:15 for victory, that's effectively 382 hours of normal game time, although it was probably closer to 500 realtime since I could not run at full target UPS as I got into the late game. I certainly would not recommend using the mod at such high UPS target for this modpack.

3) A few of the machines I have have 2x productivity bonus from T.U.R.D. upgrades, including a few key intermediates. My MK2 gene lab making cDNA for example, has +100% productivity bonus with 2 MK3 productivity modules. A MK4 gene lab with 4 MK3 modules and the T.U.R.D. bonus would only have +80% productivity. There are a few others scattered around with double bonuses, but the cDNA I think is the only significant one, as I replaced a bunch of buildings with MK3 before noticing the double bonus, and the cDNA (when I suddenly needed a ton for Adam42 Gene Samples for Zinc Finger Fusion Proteins) was the first time I consciously thought "Oh I better not upgrade this to keep this bonus". Even then the cDNA crunch was only because I had pretty high logistics limits on the latter gene mod products that was unnecessary, and the cDNA factory is not high utilization once I reduced the limits.

4) I spent some time idling instead of scaling production. Particularly when upgrading my logistics robots to high tech robots, and in the final stretch of space science needed for the tech. To be fair, this is not exactly an easy mod pack to balance things properly such that all your production can be left unattended, and sometimes you can have unexpected consequences from time to time. For example, when I needed to make Dingrit Fur for Cysteine I needed Sodium Alumate, not much so I just hooked a provider into my Sodium Alumate production in the aluminum processing chain. Hours later I am looking at why my duralumin supply has run out. No molten aluminum, no reduced, no alumate, none of the last few pulps, what is this? I cant make pulp 3 becasue this iron oxide output line is full? Well that's balanced with the 99.9% recued aluminum production, but pilfering the sodium alumate intermediate unbalanced it.

Some lessons I learned or things I would do differently:

1) Going past Fine Nexelit dust will eat any and all Glycerol you can throw at it. I have 43 MK3 mixers with 3 MK2 Pdoductity modules to feed less than 1 blue belt of nexelit plate. I should have used more tailings and made more sand and processed more nexelit at a lower processing step, but by the time I came to the realization that it is 1 skin and 1 sodium hydroxide per nexelit plate (reduced slightly by productivity on the glycerol production), I was already comitted to the giant glycerol production.

2) Logistics robots are nice, but in a very spread out base you need a lot of them at high speed. All my 5208 Logistics robots are of the high tech variety, but it was a fair bit of idling while they built up. It's convenient to have everything in one logistics network as you can request anything or do away with anthing you need to, but there is probably a lot of inefficiency in the system.

Interesting resources or methods:

1) While my initial power production was simple, things got more interesting with combustion mixture. With the combustion turbine MK2 and MK3 having bonus efficiency, steam turbines through standard boilers become insignificant. Through much of the game I was running on combustion mixture from fuel oil made directly from crude (There is something in the PY information at the top about "Bitumen Seeps and drilling fluid, but my world was created prior to that). That served me well for a while, but the big logistics difficulty with it was actually the coke or biomass needed to burn it. It went looking for alternatives.

Along with Moondrops Stage 3 and Phytoming Stage 2 comes a really interesting possiblity using one of the few combustion mixture recipies that requires no Coke or Biomass. Kerosene production from Zinc-encrusted Moondrop Flowers has quite a good return, and can be burned with the addition of Hydrogen. With the Zinc enriched biomass from moss, along with Chelators from phytoplankton, and feeding the power houses rocket fuel made from kerosene and the excess oxygen from hydrogen production, it's a pretty simple and scalable build for lots of power. Just 138 MK2 Moondrop buildings can produce 2.66GW of power.

2) Don't try to make Boron with Hydrogen Chloride. If I did my math right, it's 3.5 boron per bio battery, and it's 10 bio batteries per intelligent unit, for 35 boron per intelligent unit. At 150 units of HCL per boron, that's 5250 HCL, and it's 5 units of saline water per unit of HCL (unless you also spend sulfuric acid), that's more than 25,000 saline per intelligent unit through boron alone. Alternatively you can make boron by particle accelerator at the cost of rayon. That's one rayon per 5 boron, and you get 5 rayon per craft at a farily reasonable cost, the big thing being the fiber, and you will need a lot of centrifuges and raw fiber production. The cermet, nichrone, propene, sulfur and power costs for the particle acceleration are not so big of concerns.

3) I mentioned Bio Batteries, and they were a thorn in my side. These things are used like crazy, especially when upgrading my robots. They go into the circuits as both circuit board substrates and as the fault current inductor, then into the robots as superconductors for the superconducting servomechanism, and it's not just that the lithium niobate and the neodynium magnets take huge ammounts of boron, but then it's 20 alien bacteria for each one as well, and that takes you in a completely different direction for resource demands. While the bacteria itself, along with the serine can take productivity modules, and the T.U.R.D. upgrades help greatly here too, I still needed a pretty big expansion of my Kmauts and a more minor expansion to my petri dish production. Then once I get all that done my niobium needs doubled for the lithium niobate, and even now that I switched all my boron over to particle acceleration, all my HCL is still being consumed by the Lithium Chloride, but hey at least I have intelligent units and can build some fracking plants to get some saline water in large quantities now!

4) Higher grade uranium processing was not quite as straightforward as I was expecting it to be. The recipies make a neat cycle, but the reality ingame means that there is some minor loss likely due to numeric inaccuracies. (See discussion below. I probably just deleted a bunch of fluids and caused a deadlock.) I ended up tying pairs of liquids together. I sinkhole a little of of U43 if it's it's possible it may be blocking the production of U25 (U43 - U25 > 9000 in 10kL tanks), and I sinkhole U50 if it's possible it may be blocking the production of U45. So far I have sinkhole 10k U43 and 17k U50 and it has been stable ever since I set up those conditions.

5) There are some really interesting biotic resouces sources. I used simik blood exclusively for diamonds thoughout my playthough, which ended up being not as bad as I was initially expecting. Another interesting biotic resouce is actually Bitumen. At the cost of 100 Tall oil, a single Zipir egg, and at least Arquad Stage 3 you can get over 900 bitumen, 1200 or 1500 with upgraded recipes. Bitumen is a fantastic source of syngas through the dirty syngas chain you get 5x your bitumen in syngas at the cost of 1 filtration medium per 2000 syngas. Given that after nanofibrils and sub-denier microfiber, filtration medium comes in Costco sized megapacks of 75 or 100, you can produce a lot of syngas, around 4500-7500 syngas per 100 tall oil and 1 zipir egg. You have to deal with the soot, that's pure gold! Turning this source of syngas into power was my #2 option, and actually takes less buildings than the moondrop power, but only if you could supply an astonishing amount of coke or biomass to feed it properly.

6) Coke and heavy oil from Tar and vacuum. This recipe is surprisingly nice way to get coke. It basically makes 1 coke from 15 tar. It's also a very fast recipe, with a small number of oil refineries able to make a large ammount of coke very quickly. Large ammounts of heavy oil on the other hand not so much, but the heavy oil is great for powering oil burners, glassworks, smelters, and those sorts of things, so some additional heavy oil never hurts.

Victory
Victory.JPG
Victory.JPG (18.62 KiB) Viewed 7402 times
Just a few parts of the base labeled, realized doing a comprehensive labeling would take forever, might do that later though. Generally, Alien life on the left, ores to the right, all the processing in the middle
Victory Labeled.JPG
Victory Labeled.JPG (258.92 KiB) Viewed 7402 times
The power generation
VictoryKerosenePowerStation.JPG
VictoryKerosenePowerStation.JPG (620.9 KiB) Viewed 7402 times
A small section of the MK1 and MK2 building mall
VictoryMall.JPG
VictoryMall.JPG (394.35 KiB) Viewed 7402 times
Last edited by Zanthra on Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Victory!

Post by zizzleswomp »

Amazing! I have hundreds of hours in Py games but have never got anywhere near that far. I'm really, really impressed!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Really impressive. Congratulations my friend :) It seems you beat the monster. :D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

So many thanks to you and everyone who put in countless hours to make this mod what it is! Every single resource, or creature, and final product felt pretty unique and different. It keeps things interesting all the way to the end.

robotsrfun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by robotsrfun »

Nice going man! Once I finish up with the Bobs Mods pack, this one is next! XD

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

Nice write up and nice job. The mod is crazy big isn't it?

It looks like you didn't bother with trains. That's even crazier. :D

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

smick wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:34 pm
Nice write up and nice job. The mod is crazy big isn't it?

It looks like you didn't bother with trains. That's even crazier. :D
In this mod, Train techs feel like they arrive far later than in vanilla. I mean, it's "just" Automation and Logistic science means something completely different. There are a lot of cases where I wish I had used trains, since you can put 100s of different products over the same lines, but by the time I was really hurting for trains, I was able to accomplish things with the long red and later blue undergrounds and instead robots where belts really didn't make any sense.

I also had no idea how much of any resource I would need going into later game, so I just had to scale production more organically. There are some things I would have liked the train throughput for by the end, but adding a second long distance belt was not too bad. Especially when I got to the High Grade processing for ores, and the input requirements went down. Even when I needed more quartz from far to the west, I decided to do the first crushing step by the mines since moving crushed quartz on belts is much more compressed than raw quartz, and even phosphate glass needs that processing step. (The supplemental quartz mining and crushing is the belt coming in from the west side of the overall map I showed, it was so far away that it didn't show up on that zoom level) Also borax was mined and processed in 3 locations close to my base. One was dedicated to copper, iron, and neodymium magnets, one was dedicated to Circuit 2 production, nexelit matrices, nanocrystalline cellulose and the associated processes, and the other was borax for everything else.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

3) I mentioned Bio Batteries, and they were a thorn in my side. These things are used like crazy, especially when upgrading my robots. They go into the circuits as both circuit board substrates and as the fault current inductor, then into the robots as superconductors for the superconducting servomechanism, and it's not just that the lithium niobate and the neodynium magnets take huge ammounts of boron, but then it's 20 alien bacteria for each one as well, and that takes you in a completely different direction for resource demands.
completely agree on Bio Batteries. They have been my pain in the ass for very long time in late game. I feel like I'm almost done, but too many late processes need Bio Batteries and they're just so hard to produce.
Realized the Hcl route for Boron too late. Setup massive production of Hcl consuming way too much salt and then I looked at particle accellerator and for just extra power, which is mostly free, you can create a lot more boron. I guess that' s the fun of the game, figuring those things out.
Perfect samples suck. You just need so many things, but at very small quantities.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

yes i agree prices for utility and space science are insane atm , well the other packs make 6 per craft while these 2 only make 3
also HCl appears to be needed way to much , mostly for lithium compounds and boron
also i explored the chemistry behind the lime NaOH loop and IRL it should give us HCl as a byproduct just like hydrolysis of saline (but again we dont have the full chemical aparatus to work with)
Also Nb plates themselves eat salt like nothing
so overall i think py added a extra digit to the amount of salt we need

another thing that is out of place are the antilepes , they are simply super slow and super expensive to make , well the cages are like most of the cost

PS py hates PA so i wouldn't really on it to much since if he sees people using it to much another nerff will probably come

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

4) Higher grade uranium processing was not quite as straightforward as I was expecting it to be. The recipies make a neat cycle, but the reality ingame means that there is some minor loss likely due to numeric inaccuracies. I ended up tying pairs of liquids together. I sinkhole a little of of U43 if it's it's possible it may be blocking the production of U25 (U43 - U25 > 9000 in 10kL tanks), and I sinkhole U50 if it's possible it may be blocking the production of U45. So far I have sinkhole 10k U43 and 17k U50 and it has been stable ever since I set up those conditions.

if you properly control the chain with valves and use all recipes at the the end u will only void U waste , all the u45 & U43 will be used

6) Coke and heavy oil from Tar and vacuum. This recipe is surprisingly nice way to get coke. It basically makes 1 coke from 15 tar. It's also a very fast recipe, with a small number of oil refineries able to make a large ammount of coke very quickly. Large ammounts of heavy oil on the other hand not so much, but the heavy oil is great for powering oil burners, glassworks, smelters, and those sorts of things, so some additional heavy oil never hurts.

yea it is practical for coke but now with the new limited tar gating the sustained tar is harder so there needs to be a decent reword if u decide to use it

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:36 pm
4) Higher grade uranium processing was not quite as straightforward as I was expecting it to be. The recipies make a neat cycle, but the reality ingame means that there is some minor loss likely due to numeric inaccuracies. I ended up tying pairs of liquids together. I sinkhole a little of of U43 if it's it's possible it may be blocking the production of U25 (U43 - U25 > 9000 in 10kL tanks), and I sinkhole U50 if it's possible it may be blocking the production of U45. So far I have sinkhole 10k U43 and 17k U50 and it has been stable ever since I set up those conditions.

if you properly control the chain with valves and use all recipes at the the end u will only void U waste , all the u45 & U43 will be used

yea it is practical for coke but now with the new limited tar gating the sustained tar is harder so there needs to be a decent reword if u decide to use it
4) I fully admit I could have made a mistake while setting it up.

If I recall correctly, I saw U70 was not being produced, becasue U43 output was full, U43 could not be used since not enough U25. U25 could not be made since U35 could not be consumed (U43 output full), preventing U30 from being produced which is needed for the U25. No U25 from U33 either since that is a tight loop with U25.

The chain of blocked outputs from the source was:
U45 -> U40 -> U35 -> U43
U50 -> U65 -> U43

Intermediate tanks for U45 and U50 were only filled from the source if less than 25%.

So U43 has to be consumed for the cycle to continue, and to consume U43, I need U25.

I don't really know what was going on on the lower side of the Uranium chain. I was using only 1kL tanks, and had deleted some liquid during some restructuring, so certainly it's possible I had badly unbalanced it and that now that it was back in balance it would remain that way, but I thought that a couple times previously and had it stop again. I had come to the conclusion that it might be floating point error accumulation, but if you say it's stable, then there it's probably something I did wrong. Either way, tying the U43 and U25 together so that if U43 fills up while U25 is low, it will solve the deadlock automatically.

6) Yeah, that's true. Much of my coke came from coal processing, but later as I needed slaked lime loops for sodium hydroxide, I found I could make sodium hydroxide with 3 liquids, water, saline water, and tar. It was just a surprising observation how few heavy oil refineries were needed to feed the slaked lime loop with coal, and I thought it notable. With limited tar supplies it's likely less so.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Zanthra wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:48 am

I don't really know what was going on on the lower side of the Uranium chain. I was using only 1kL tanks, and had deleted some liquid during some restructuring, so certainly it's possible I didn't have the right balance and that now that it is balanced it will remain that way, but I thought that a couple times previously. I had come to the conclusion that it might be floating point error accumulation, but if you say it's stable, then there it's probably something I did wrong. Either way, tying the U43 and U25 together so that if U43 fills up while U25 is low, it will solve the deadlock automatically.
Its a pretty tightly looped system but the usually small amount of floating point errors shouldn't break it. Likely whatever fluid you deleted during the restructure threw things off a bit and the one that got clogged was overflow that would have needed to be deleted as well.

If you set it up clean and don't delete anything it should run just fine or at least used. With everything eventually making its way thru the system.

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:36 am
Zanthra wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:48 am

I don't really know what was going on on the lower side of the Uranium chain. I was using only 1kL tanks, and had deleted some liquid during some restructuring, so certainly it's possible I didn't have the right balance and that now that it is balanced it will remain that way, but I thought that a couple times previously. I had come to the conclusion that it might be floating point error accumulation, but if you say it's stable, then there it's probably something I did wrong. Either way, tying the U43 and U25 together so that if U43 fills up while U25 is low, it will solve the deadlock automatically.
Its a pretty tightly looped system but the usually small amount of floating point errors shouldn't break it. Likely whatever fluid you deleted during the restructure threw things off a bit and the one that got clogged was overflow that would have needed to be deleted as well.

If you set it up clean and don't delete anything it should run just fine or at least used. With everything eventually making its way thru the system.
Yeah. Looking through the Uranium process for this post has convinced me that I likely deleted Some U30 or a derivative of at some point. This amplifies the problem, as making up the shortage of U30 will produce excess U35, which gets consumed along with input U50 -> U65 to output U70 with surplus U43. On the other side, the shortage of U30 causes shortage of U25 directly, but also U30 -> U20 -> U15 -> U25 for even more U25 shortage. Losing 10,000 units of U30 is 10,000 units extra of U43, and the loss of 10,000 units of U25. To get things flowing again, I would have to remove 10,000 units of U43 (because the buffer tank for U43 can't handle the 20,000 unit difference), which is exactly how much I have sinkholed. On the other side, to make up for the lost U30, it requires twice as much U40, and in turn U45, or a difference of 20,000 more U45 consumed vs U50, which explains why I had to sinkhole the U50 to balance the inputs as well.

The conditions I have set for the sinkholes are such that as long as the system remains balanced, they should not sinkhole any more than is nescessary, and if it was a tank of 10,000 U30 I deleted, then it seems that that is the case.

PS: Thinking about it, it must have been 20,000 units of U30 lost, as the difference between U43 and U25 would be 1:1 with the units of U30 lost, and I have about exactly 23k more U50 than U45 in their buffer tanks, along with 17k U50 sinkholed which matches the 40k. Either way it's balanced now, and while I still have the conditions to sinkhole resouces, I have not observed it sinkholing any liquids since it reached this equilibrium. The lower loops of U15 <-> U23 and U25 <-> U33 are I think somewhat self stabilizing, as any shortage can be made up from their other source, and any surplus will be reduced over time in the lossy loop (50x U25 to 25x U15, and 50x U15 to 50x U25 is 50% reduction per time around the loop), so I don't think it's likely for them to ever deadlock.

When working with Uranium processing, be cautious because you can slow or deadlock the system with either unbalancing the U43 and U25 resources, or unbalancing the U45 and U50 inputs.

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:29 pm
yes i agree prices for utility and space science are insane atm , well the other packs make 6 per craft while these 2 only make 3
also HCl appears to be needed way to much , mostly for lithium compounds and boron
also i explored the chemistry behind the lime NaOH loop and IRL it should give us HCl as a byproduct just like hydrolysis of saline (but again we dont have the full chemical aparatus to work with)
Also Nb plates themselves eat salt like nothing
so overall i think py added a extra digit to the amount of salt we need

another thing that is out of place are the antilepes , they are simply super slow and super expensive to make , well the cages are like most of the cost

PS py hates PA so i wouldn't really on it to much since if he sees people using it to much another nerff will probably come
PA for boron could use a nerf to be fair, or at least a balancing. It’s just far cheaper to deal with the power costs for PA than the HCl inputs. Besides that and the late game resources that require the PA, I was not using them.

Boron production costs are pretty reasonable outside the HCl cost, so the question is does particle acceleration in general, the boron acceleration recipe in specific, the normal boron recipe, or HCl production need to change? Or is the status quo reasonable as is?

Adding HCl output to the lime loop would be interesting. Although I think the bigger challenge of HCl production is the production of saline water/salt (they are the same resource in my mind).

I think if the antelope cages were returned when butchering for strangelets, it would be a good change. Cages are already returned with the the other resource extracted in the biolab.
Last edited by Zanthra on Thu May 20, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

AndrewSkier wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:49 pm
3) I mentioned Bio Batteries, and they were a thorn in my side. These things are used like crazy, especially when upgrading my robots. They go into the circuits as both circuit board substrates and as the fault current inductor, then into the robots as superconductors for the superconducting servomechanism, and it's not just that the lithium niobate and the neodynium magnets take huge ammounts of boron, but then it's 20 alien bacteria for each one as well, and that takes you in a completely different direction for resource demands.
completely agree on Bio Batteries. They have been my pain in the ass for very long time in late game. I feel like I'm almost done, but too many late processes need Bio Batteries and they're just so hard to produce.
Realized the Hcl route for Boron too late. Setup massive production of Hcl consuming way too much salt and then I looked at particle accellerator and for just extra power, which is mostly free, you can create a lot more boron. I guess that' s the fun of the game, figuring those things out.
Perfect samples suck. You just need so many things, but at very small quantities.
I think the perfect samples is another unique experience in py mods, and I actually liked them. Although my bot network might have helped as it’s very efficient for low rate resources. Just make sure that your buffers are set low for provider chests.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

crazy work!! i never thought its possible without LTN trains, but u proved me wrong. can we have more screenshots?

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

mxpal wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:06 am
crazy work!! i never thought its possible without LTN trains, but u proved me wrong. can we have more screenshots?

Link to photo Album with a bunch of screenshots:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoILQjreP68U9zeqkTW ... P?e=L1dbOS

If you want to look at the save for some reason, it's in the folder too:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoILQjreP68U9n71v5e ... q?e=enDcpC

A few of interest:

A portion of the main bus, some fluids run on the same line as other items. There are a few such as Zinc, Iron, and Copper, and Sodium Hydroxide that I have 2 lines for, and the extra lines were mostly added by max distance underground blues in the walking area. Not all lines make it this far, some lanes are reserved for things I could bring further, such as rayon, raw fiber and fiber, rich clay, glassware, coal, and raelesia seeds.
victoryBus.JPG
victoryBus.JPG (613.83 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
This is the Circuit2 Interemediates factory. It also builds the components for neuroprocessors and some of the components for Circuit 3s which are shared with Circuit 2, plus the boards. Bio Battery factory is visible to the right of the mounted PCB3. There were several restructuring to add in the extra resistor factory, particularly the one above the normal production, as well as squeeze the additional mosfet factory in. I had to squeeze in some beacons to come close to the amount of Tinned copper wire I needed to feed everything (I perhaps should have used more of the smaller factories here).
VictoryCircuit2Comps.JPG
VictoryCircuit2Comps.JPG (338.74 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Neodynium Magnets: All inputs are belt based. The output belt only fed the bio battery factory, everything else was supplied magnets by robot. As a aside, the belt with the rare earth oxides was supposed to be the belt with the borax. I got it mixed up and put the REO on the belt between the smelters and furnaces, so I needed to split the borax belt to both sides. I still even have the inserters to pick up from that center belt which will never be used since the magnets don't take REO directly (also why the input belt is on the outside of the output belt). It sort of exemplifies the mindset I was in of, “Unless it’s a real problem I’ll leave it in this suboptimal working state. I have many more pressing needs than to reorder some belts and delete unneeded inserters.”
VictoryMagnets.JPG
VictoryMagnets.JPG (148.71 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Steam! Lots of it. Made heavy oil from crude and steam, the fed a bunch of generators. It's quite possible that without the GTTS mod, that the fluid would not flow all the way to the ends of the oil burners. Basically the piping is sufficient for at least 3/8 of the demand at 60UPS.
VictorySteam.JPG
VictorySteam.JPG (310.96 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Hot air from outlet gas. Not particularly interesing on it's own, but there is also the bus for providing for alien life plants and animal visible as well, along with some transfer lines from the main bus.
VictoryHotAirandInterBus.JPG
VictoryHotAirandInterBus.JPG (278.34 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Agar and Petri dish production, and some science production. This production grew organically, and several times I thought I might rebuild elsewhere, but I managed to get enough production through the use of speed beacons in a few places. This also shows about the time I was transitioning from largely belt based to relying heavily on the bots to move stuff around with the production science labs and assemblers.
VictoryMoreScienceandZognaAgar.JPG
VictoryMoreScienceandZognaAgar.JPG (455.87 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Just south of that you can see some moderate belt spaghetti as the needed items for science and creature production grew. I do have dedicated sponge and alien bacteria elsewhere.
VictoryScienceandCreatureProduction.JPG
VictoryScienceandCreatureProduction.JPG (388.71 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
I used Caesin for plastic production, so I needed a lot of it.
VictoryKorlexCaesinWasteWaterProcessing.JPG
VictoryKorlexCaesinWasteWaterProcessing.JPG (440.77 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Most of the the Alien Life I built out for belts, like these Dingrits, Phagnots, and Kmauts. (The gene modded variant for perfect samples at the top right of each group is fed by bots however).
VictoryNonLogiLife.JPG
VictoryNonLogiLife.JPG (427.32 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
When I went back to fill things out for perfect samples, I did the last few logistics only, Scrondrix, Vonix, Xenos, Trists, and Dhilnos.
VictoryLogiLife.JPG
VictoryLogiLife.JPG (144.85 KiB) Viewed 6776 times

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

i forgot how many boilers are needed , maybe py should add some electric ones , or some faster burner ones

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Great job! What's the final thing you did that gives the victory screen?

I'm working on making intelligence units on my map at around 600 hours in.

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

You get the victory screen after you finish researching a tech that requires white science.

Return to “PyMods”