pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Blykam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Py HighTech: Nitrobenzene

Post by Blykam »

Hello mod maintainers,

I want to report a bug here, that did not get addressed already. I opened a GitHub issue, but got no response there. So, I am trying my best here.
As a short summary:
  • The Nitrobenzene recipe is unavailable.
  • This issue occurs just in some worlds.
  • In FNEI the only recipe is Nitrobenzene Barreling.
  • Enabling / Disabling all my mods one after another to find the cause was useless.
  • I have a save with all mods and the working recipe, but for reasons (Point #4) the world is unusable.
  • On all my other save games it does not work
I play with all updated mods of the Multiplayer Extreme Pack
My save games are in the attachments. For further information please contact me.

Also I made a pull request for a better German translation of Py HighTech here
Attachments
Broken Recipe Working World.zip
(34.9 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Working Recipe Broken World.zip
(20.53 MiB) Downloaded 96 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Py HighTech: Nitrobenzene

Post by pyanodon »

I have no idea why its happening, probably some incompatibilities with multiplayer since no one else reported anything like that. Thanks for the german locale, it will be updated in the next release.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Blykam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blykam »

On the mod discussion page another user presumably faces the same issue as me and my friends.
I personally do not think the issue is related to just mulitplayer, because it also occurs in newly generated singleplayer only savegames.
On first thought it has to be related to the modpack, but I tested the exact same savegame with just the Py mods enabled. The result is the exact same error.
(While trialing I found this issue, though. I don't know if you are aware of this.)
On second thought I reinstalled the game, cleared all caches and reinstalled the modpack, but the savegames still have the issues.

If you maybe know a way to "see" into the savegame to maybe troubleshoot, where the recipe is lost or blocked, let me know.

Blykam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blykam »

@kingarthur figured out where the bug came from.
It can be treated as fixed.

Angels Petrochem changed Sulfur Processing Tech to its own, so the Recipe could not be unlocked. The tech names mismatched and it was unobtainable

Sorry for bothering you all, but at least we resolved this quite hidden bug.

Borszcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Borszcz »

Hi, sorry but I have the same issue. But seems @kingarthur had understood it.
Can someone please provide me an answer, how to fix this?
Last edited by Borszcz on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

Borszcz, are you getting the issue with only pymods or with the modpack that was linked?

Mashing together Py with A/B/C/AAI/et al. is not supported. As the modpack in question is made by Sadawys, I'd suggest bringing the issue to them.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Borszcz wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 am
Can someone please provide me an answer, how to fix this?
Try reading the modpacks faq page...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Borszcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Borszcz »

I have a lot of mods, but all of them are from Bobs and Angels and PyMods. I thought there are all compatible with each other.
I am using steam and just installed the mods from the list which I have found when clicking the 'mods' button from the game (so no manual installation). I suspected that these are compatible and the dependencies are correct.

Borszcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Borszcz »

At least I have found something googling, like this post here or for example https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBa ... 422cbc76e2.

At some point the discussions are marked as 'solved' (like this one), but at least I don't understand how they solved the issue

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

Borszcz wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:15 am
I have a lot of mods, but all of them are from Bobs and Angels and PyMods. I thought there are all compatible with each other.
I am using steam and just installed the mods from the list which I have found when clicking the 'mods' button from the game (so no manual installation). I suspected that these are compatible and the dependencies are correct.
Angel and Bob are compatible with each other, as their authors have spent the time to make them so. Py has not, as (see above) that is effort that isn't going into adding more content/features to the Py mods. The large mod packs that are present in some other games are usually the result of a dedicated group of people working on branch versions of the pack's mods with the specific aim of making them all work together by fixing all the internal issues that come up. In Factorio some mod authors, such as the creator of Space Exploration, create extensive incompatibility lists to prevent running mods that cause issues when paired together; others just leave it be and expect those who want to try putting them all together to be willing to put in some legwork when issues arise.

All that said, per the Multiplayer Extreme modpack thread's FAQ:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multiplay ... odpack/faq
Py*-Mods:

If you want to play especially with Py HighTech the following command will be needed:
/c game.player.force.recipes["nitrobenzene"].enabled=true
If you have a problem that you can not build flotation cell because of missing basic circuit board you can try the following:
/c game.player.insert{name="basic-circuit-board", count=100}
I suspect, though I'm not going to dig into it as I don't see the point in making Py easier by adding other mods, that there is a nitrobenzene unlock in one of the other mod's tech trees that is interfering with the nitrobenzene unlock in the Py tech tree (or vice versa). Running the command above bypasses the problem by forcing the recipe to be available. As this issue comes up in the above modpack, it's probably causing the issue in your game as well.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

the nitrobenze is related to angels disabling a tech that is needed to unlock the recipe in question. i already know this and its only the begining of the issues trying to ram them together.

while i had previously spent time making py compatible with the other mods after pypetroleumhandling and pyrawores replaced the need for bobs mods to fill in missing content the need for compatibility died off and since im now busy working on py directly i have neither the time nor interest to deal with it. since no one else seems willing or capable of making compatibility then its likely to never happen. its time consuming and doesn't have much point given angels and py have significant amounts of very similar content and neither mod has any given features to make the time spent worth it to force all the imbalances to play nice.

Borszcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Borszcz »

Ok. Many thanks to you all.
I guess I play then with Bob and Angels, and leave Py out, and maybe a next play the other way around.

Borszcz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Borszcz »

I guess this can be rteated as closed now.

Return to “PyMods”