BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

kalashn1k0v
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Alternative Energy - Discussion

Post by kalashn1k0v »

Hi guys!
Check out this article https://newatlas.com/materials/five-met ... n-dioxide/
Looks like a nice idea for a new recipe 8-)
Or even whole production chain.
Not sure if suitable for PyAE, maybe PyFE.

What do you think?

rekales
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rekales »

kalashn1k0v wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:07 pm
Hi guys!
Check out this article https://newatlas.com/materials/five-met ... n-dioxide/
Looks like a nice idea for a new recipe 8-)
Or even whole production chain.
Not sure if suitable for PyAE, maybe PyFE.

What do you think?
Let's just use nexelit (the magic metal) as the catalyst like the other chemical reactions and continue with life as usual.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

we already have something similar with the pollution extractor but overall you spend a lot of resources to extract the CO2 from the air
and then we can use the CO2 to make fuels but atm this is not a setup worth useing that much

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Hello, dear Pyanodon, thank you for continuing your work. I am watching you, and the time will come, I will bring you special thanks.

But I saw that your add-on, in the subject of which I am posting this post, is much more than just adding new items to the gameplay. And I have a worrying doubt.

In the announcement of this mod, as I understand it, it is indicated that this mod is not compatible ("too much work") with some of your other works, such as high-tech and alien life.

Does this mean that your mods are now split into two branches? And if so, which of them will develop, and which will turn out to be a dead end?

To be honest, this circumstance disappointed me and I am trying to find advantages in this, for example "it will be possible to play twice in your set of mods, first on one branch, and then on another." But if a lot of time passes and one branch is completely abandoned, it will not be pleasant, because it seems to me that it is the high-tech and Alien Life branch that will be abandoned, the creative solutions in which I really like.

Or do you still have some kind of plan that will not allow some of your work to go into oblivion?

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:04 pm
In the announcement of this mod, as I understand it, it is indicated that this mod is not compatible ("too much work") with some of your other works, such as high-tech and alien life.
AFAIK, this mod will be compatible with the full pyanodon mod set. Just not with other major mods, e.g. Angels, Bobs, Space Exploration, IndustrialRecolution, etc.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 pm
factoriogame1121 wrote:
AFAIK, this mod will be compatible with the full pyanodon mod set. Just not with other major mods, e.g. Angels, Bobs, Space Exploration, IndustrialRecolution, etc.
Great. Understood. I'm happy)
The thing is, I saw this: "Other required mods to complement that one:
pY Fusion Energy, pY Coal Processing, pY Raw ores, pY Petroleum handling."
and that phrase about incompatibility with other major mods. And I thought that it would only be compatible with those on the list) And large mods mean all Py mods.
Some misunderstandings with the translator.
Well, I understood everything, thanks.
I'm calm) The main thing is that Py mods are holistic, and before compatibility with others, I personally do not care)

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 pm
DarkShadow44 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 pm
factoriogame1121 wrote:
Great. Understood. I'm happy)
The thing is, I saw this: "Other required mods to complement that one:
pY Fusion Energy, pY Coal Processing, pY Raw ores, pY Petroleum handling."
and that phrase about incompatibility with other major mods. And I thought that it would only be compatible with those on the list) And large mods mean all Py mods.
Some misunderstandings with the translator.
Well, I understood everything, thanks.
I'm calm) The main thing is that Py mods are holistic, and before compatibility with others, I personally do not care)
I guess it's just a phrasing thing. Instead of writing "all pY mods" he listed some and left some out?

I'd expect all pY mods to always work together

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 am

I guess it's just a phrasing thing. Instead of writing "all pY mods" he listed some and left some out?

I'd expect all pY mods to always work together
it was referring to the required to use mods. just like pyalienlife requires specific mods. it doesnt list pyhightech. that doesnt mean you cant use them both

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

LFR power plant main building. You better connect all that panels to it. :"D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

LFR what is that ?

Last Funny Render ?

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:56 am
LFR what is that ?

Last Funny Render ?
It's explained earlier in the thread that it stands for Linear Fresnel Reflector. It's a method of solar power generation.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Linear Fresnel Reflector
Interesting building
Want to look at it in action :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Thanks to Kingarthur, the Heliostats rotates always pointing to the mega-structure (if its inside the range of the mega-structure), so you can build your custom solar field around the center.

pY Coal processing mod

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

It’s just like a hobby for me: sometimes I turn on factorio just to study your awesome recipes, just to be amazed at how cool they are (I learned almost everything by heart:D). For me, this is just some kind of mental pleasure. No other mod that I have studied does anything like this. Very curious what the update will bring.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:36 pm
It’s just like a hobby for me: sometimes I turn on factorio just to study your awesome recipes, just to be amazed at how cool they are (I learned almost everything by heart:D). For me, this is just some kind of mental pleasure. No other mod that I have studied does anything like this. Very curious what the update will bring.
Thank you. Behind all that coding and graphics there's also some pile of scientific papers to read and adapt :)_
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Thanks to Kingarthur, the Heliostats rotates always pointing to the mega-structure (if its inside the range of the mega-structure), so you can build your custom solar field around the center.

WOW LOOKS GREAT :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Thank you. Behind all that coding and graphics there's also some pile of scientific papers to read and adapt :)_
This means that in addition to the fact that you create a real work of art, you also get a very serious self-development) I confess, I am very curious what kind of person you are.

Zyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zyz »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:04 pm
factoriogame1121 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:36 pm
You indirectly made me read a lot of scientific textbooks thanks to your realistic approach to the game. Playing factorio gave me interest in engineering processes and pymods gave me the will to further my understanding of chemistry and physics (you can count biology partly too with AL). For that knowledge I have to thank you. Your team's work is great both artistically and scientifically.

If you ever need some (mostly organic) chemistry info you can pm me. I used to study chemistry back when I was in college and still have a lot of the textbooks I used as a student. For the sake of full disclosure though I am a dropout but it wasn't because I didn't like or understood what I was studying.

Return to “PyMods”