How to get sand casts/glass

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Leibssolmai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to get sand casts/glass

Post by Leibssolmai »

I started with the mod yesterday and I really like it so far but it seems i ran into some kind of deadlock. I can´t get glass.

I used "what is it really used for" and "FNEI" for answers and they both told me the same:

I need glass for the buildings like the microorganism mine to get the first science pack.
And the only way to get glass is as I see to put liquid glass and sand casts into a glassworks.
but sand casts are made out of Creosote and sand in a Tar processing unit. Creasote are also made in a Tar processing unit on a side note.
And the tar processing unit is locked behind "Coal processing 1" that i can´t research because I dont have the first science pack.

I looked some tutorial videos and they just put quartz into a furnace to get glass but that does not work for me for some reason. I also don´t use any other mods.
Maybe im just blind but im honestly at the end of my wit, so it would be really nice if someone could help me out.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to get sand casts/glass

Post by mathiaszealot »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:07 am
kinnom wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:37 pm
torment wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Code: Select all

Version: 2.1.9
Date: 2020-11-15
  Changes:
    - Added fuel glow colors for the different tiers of uranium fuel cells in the reactor.
    - Removed sand casting from molten titanium and molten glass.
    - Added sand casting to glass made from molten glass.
This change introduce a deadlock when using PYAL too, cause we need glass to make microorganism mine to make red science pack, but sand casting need research "coal processing 1" first to unlock
To clarify his point; both research center MK01 and microorganism mine MK01 require glass.
ya it was known and should be fixed now with 2.1.10
Per the Py Raw Ores Discussion, this was a deadlock introduced in one of the recent updates. Check if you have the latest versions, as this should be fixed in Raw Ores 2.1.10

Leibssolmai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: How to get sand casts/glass

Post by Leibssolmai »

Updating solved it, Thank you very much.

Return to “PyMods”