Is this ok for a PY run?

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

drizzt90
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is this ok for a PY run?

Post by drizzt90 »

I’m not entirely new to PY. Lots of hours in factorio in general.I had a Bob/Angel/ PY run going but I think I want to do just a PY run now.
1. It’s safe to assume if I get all the PY mods they are all made to work together?
2. I would like some QOL mods too. Off the top of my head are RSO, long reach, adjustable inserters, loaders, FNEI, little robo construction guys, squeak through. I’m at work so this list is off the top of my head. These all work fine for it? Any suggestions for others?
3. I love bot networks way better than trains or spaghetti. I think I have the bots from Bob’s and their upgrades on. If I leave that out I know PY has/had the regular pynobots and the advanced ones. Are there only these two levels? Are there good upgrades to their performance? can I rely on them for the majority of my logistics needs at some point in the game? I’ve played modded mostly so I am not sure if all the bot upgrades are in the base game.

Thanks for the help guys!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is this ok for a PY run?

Post by kingarthur »

drizzt90 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:27 pm
I’m not entirely new to PY. Lots of hours in factorio in general.I had a Bob/Angel/ PY run going but I think I want to do just a PY run now.
1. It’s safe to assume if I get all the PY mods they are all made to work together?
2. I would like some QOL mods too. Off the top of my head are RSO, long reach, adjustable inserters, loaders, FNEI, little robo construction guys, squeak through. I’m at work so this list is off the top of my head. These all work fine for it? Any suggestions for others?
3. I love bot networks way better than trains or spaghetti. I think I have the bots from Bob’s and their upgrades on. If I leave that out I know PY has/had the regular pynobots and the advanced ones. Are there only these two levels? Are there good upgrades to their performance? can I rely on them for the majority of my logistics needs at some point in the game? I’ve played modded mostly so I am not sure if all the bot upgrades are in the base game.

1. all the ones by pyanodon yes. anything else is not guaranteed.
2. helmod and or todo list. helps to have somewhere to keep track of everything you need.
3. outside vanilla bots py has 3 tiers of bots and the hightech ones are very strong and quickly get op as you get robot techs.

drizzt90
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drizzt90 »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 am
drizzt90 wrote:

2. helmod and or todo list. helps to have somewhere to keep track of everything you need.
3. outside vanilla bots py has 3 tiers of bots and the hightech ones are very strong and quickly get op as you get robot techs.

Thanks King! Those suggestions are great! I was only aware of the base and high tech pybots. I’ll have to see if I can find the middle ones when I play tonight. Know what they are called off the top of your head?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

drizzt90 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:49 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 am
drizzt90 wrote:

Thanks King! Those suggestions are great! I was only aware of the base and high tech pybots. I’ll have to see if I can find the middle ones when I play tonight. Know what they are called off the top of your head?
pyanobot mk01 and mk02 and pyanobot ht

Return to “PyMods”