Helmod (non-)issue with Pysuite

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Helmod (non-)issue with Pysuite

Post by Jemsterr »

Playing through Py for the first time, and I decided to upgrade my iron production. For some reason, the molten iron recipe in Helmod requires (for 25 molten iron per second) 7.5 Borax, 12.5 processed iron, 150 O2 and for some reason, also 2.6 coal. It is not in the recipe, nor does it show up under the Actual Crafting Time mod.

EDIT (before posting!) I just noticed the fuel slot in the Basic Oxygen Furnace... That will do it. Decided to post it anyway, so others can learn from my facepalm.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Helmod (non-)issue with Pysuite

Post by mathiaszealot »

Yeah, that's thrown me a few times when planning/playing with Helmod. The Basic Oxygen Furnaces take a burner fuel to run. It's better for Helmod to include the fuel demand when needed and risk some confusion, than not include it and have people refactoring whole setups to include the burner fuel that wasn't mentioned in the design.

For what it's worth, you can change the Resource a burner entity like the Basic Oxygen Furnace uses by editing the Factory on the Production Block's Line. So if the coal is an odd distraction, you can change it to something you're more likely to use, like coke, or something distinctly out of place, like Fuel Rod Mk V, as a reminder that it's a burner-type entity.

Salurian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Salurian »

I had the same thing happen to me. 'Why does this say it needs coa--- ohhhhhhhh'.

Also somewhat important to know with the new glassworks. For some reason my Helmod defaulted to Methanol, and I was extremely confused because I don't have Methanol unlocked yet. I had to come to the forums to realize that it is ANY liquid/gas fuel. And then I ran around tweaking my base to use the new glassworks buildings as the old buildings needed to be replaced/refactored.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Salurian wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:45 am
I had the same thing happen to me. 'Why does this say it needs coa--- ohhhhhhhh'.

Also somewhat important to know with the new glassworks. For some reason my Helmod defaulted to Methanol, and I was extremely confused because I don't have Methanol unlocked yet. I had to come to the forums to realize that it is ANY liquid/gas fuel. And then I ran around tweaking my base to use the new glassworks buildings as the old buildings needed to be replaced/refactored.
hellmod atm had realy bad fuel usage math for glass works and also there will be a fuel usage increase so be ready to use fuel

Return to “PyMods”