Bug reporting

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

Bug reporting

Post by razahin »

After finally achieving green science and feeling a massive sense of accomplishment, I noticed a couple bugs I wanted to report here.
  • The basic electronics technology unlocks a - 9 log from waste water and sapling recipe. This is also unlocked by botany 2 which I think is where it is supposed to be.
  • Not really a bug but more of a question: Armor equipment such as personal solar panels, personal batteries, and personal robo ports require all require red and green science, but they are gated behind advanced electronics which is the only prerequisite that requires blue science. I was really looking forward to unlocking these when reaching green science to help with reconfiguration of my base. Is this blue science gating intentional, or a vestigial consequence of the vanilla recipes?
  • Another question, is the small stack size of latex intentional? As I start setting up trains I'll end up either creating latex on site for my rubber location or have to have a ton of trains carting it all around. With all of the other stack sizes being so large, this one feels like an outlier.
  • Lastly there is some odd behavior with uncaging Auogs in the player inventory. When I have a caged Auog in my inventory I can click it to uncage the animal. I get the appropriate materials, but it still shows up as being able to uncage the Auog. When I click it again, the cage and uncaged Auog are removed from my inventory, the recipe is crafted and the materials appear again. This does not happen with caging the creature, and I have not tested if this is isolated to Auogs because I haven't caged Vrauks yet.
Is there a preferred way the PyMod team would like to receive bugs reports like this? I'm familiar with github and can post issues there if that is more beneficial. If it would help I can also capture screens of these issues.

Thanks again for all your hard work, I'm having quite a lot of fun with the challenge and overwhelming nature of it all.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bug reporting

Post by kingarthur »

razahin wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Lastly there is some odd behavior with uncaging Auogs in the player inventory. When I have a caged Auog in my inventory I can click it to uncage the animal. I get the appropriate materials, but it still shows up as being able to uncage the Auog. When I click it again, the cage and uncaged Auog are removed from my inventory, the recipe is crafted and the materials appear again. This does not happen with caging the creature, and I have not tested if this is isolated to Auogs because I haven't caged Vrauks yet.
It's not odd behavior. Its functioning as to be expect. There are both caging and uncaring recipes that are both handcraftable so the game will loop thru them to let you repeat the recipe over and over.

It's simply a result of the game not be able to tell that if you just uncaged the animal you dont actually want to recharge the animal. Except the times where you would.

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bug reporting

Post by razahin »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 am

It's not odd behavior. Its functioning as to be expect. There are both caging and uncaring recipes that are both handcraftable so the game will loop thru them to let you repeat the recipe over and over.

It's simply a result of the game not be able to tell that if you just uncaged the animal you dont actually want to recharge the animal. Except the times where you would.
Alright, thanks for the explanation. Any thoughts on the other things I mentioned? I'm most interested in the equipment question as that would have the largest impact on my game right now.

EDIT:

After looking at it more, there are a couple other recipes that require blue science such as the Modular armor requiring Dingrit pelts which require blue science, the Chitin and the Fuel processing too. Its a shame that its still a ways away for me, as I was hoping to get a boost in my reconfiguring effort.

Return to “PyMods”