Animals and their uses

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Animals and their uses

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

I know that there are like 15-20 animals out there.And i know there are certain products that are 1 animal exclusives.
BUT what is each supposed to be best at?
manure
bone
meat
skin
guts
brains
that is the main question , i cant figure out what were supposed to be the best say 3-5 for each category

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Animals and their uses

Post by theblindironman »

From what I have seen

For manure, early is auogs due to simplest recipe and no plant dependency. Mid game, a combo of ulric (quality food) and mukmoux (with food).

Early game, fish for everything. A large fish farm will supply all of the body part needs and urea needs for well past c1 automation.
bone - phagnot
meat- auog
skin - zipir
guts - mukmoux
brains - arthurian or what ever you have the most of.
chitin - xeno
blood - mukmoux
fat - mukmoux

crux042
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crux042 »

In my opinion, best way to produce basic materials (e.g. bones, guts, etc.) are Ulric and Auog. Their food requires just simple products such as sap.

Mukmoux? It is terrible choice. It looks space-efficient compared to Ulric and Auog, but it is not true, because many other crops (especially rennea) are required to make their food. Its only efficient (and unique) usage is as food for other animal.

IMAO, the entire balance of farming is a little strange. Complex and high-tech recipe does not always gurantee better efficiency. No, actually most of them are like that.
It feels very weird, because other py suites have always rewarded us with efficiency boost if we could conquer it.
But AL recipes are really difficult to utilize, and if there is AL recipe in the chain, it always become a bottleneck. It is always better to use alternative recipes from other suite (hopefully if they exist).

But this case might be intended one. Getting basic material from advanced animal is just optional and just not efficient.

I'm running hundreds of ulric corral for manure, bone, and rad(converted from bones). Guts, meat, blood are from auog.

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

I disagree about mukmoux. Comparing Ulric/Auog at base resources to mukmoux at food-2, is not an apples to apples comparison.

Mukmoux at using food 1 only requires tuuphra. Tuuphra is easy to produce, easy to get to mk2+ (does not use fertilizer), and is under utilized (not in bedding or research).

And the mk2 Mukmoux pasture has 12 module slots, double the number in the mk1 pasture. The ulric corral mk2 and aug mk2 only get 1 extra slot.

I produce mukmoux easily 3 times as much as ulrics and auogs with 1/3rd of the pens.

1 mukmoux is worth nearly 3 auog or ulric for guts, blood, and fat.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

theblindironman wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 pm
From what I have seen

For manure, early is auogs due to simplest recipe and no plant dependency. Mid game, a combo of ulric (quality food) and mukmoux (with food).

Early game, fish for everything. A large fish farm will supply all of the body part needs and urea needs for well past c1 automation.
bone - phagnot
meat- auog
skin - zipir
guts - mukmoux
brains - arthurian or what ever you have the most of.
chitin - xeno
blood - mukmoux
fat - mukmoux
well arthurian you will need for egs and if i remember well they needed a lot , also to make arturians you need to spend ulrik aka consume brains also u need a egg and that is another ulrik (or rather a part of one) and a vraux cocon

also atm we dont really know the ratio of bone/meat/lard/blood/guts/skin

so maybe doing a lrge mukmo farm or a uric one will make enough of the other overall or get close enough to get the rest with a circuit enabled dedicated shoughter house

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Actually, fish for everything....

Return to “PyMods”