Quick question

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

shuzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Quick question

Post by shuzen »

Hi, after several AngelBob-bases I intend to start my first Py playthrough with all mods except AlienLife. I usually play Factorio with a small selfmade mod that disables handcrafting and just adds an assembler and the necessary items for the first energy source to the player at start (I just like to play that way). Would that be feasible for the PyMods, or do the mods rely on handcrafting in some non-obvious way? Thanks!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Quick question

Post by kingarthur »

shuzen wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:11 am
Hi, after several AngelBob-bases I intend to start my first Py playthrough with all mods except AlienLife. I usually play Factorio with a small selfmade mod that disables handcrafting and just adds an assembler and the necessary items for the first energy source to the player at start (I just like to play that way). Would that be feasible for the PyMods, or do the mods rely on handcrafting in some non-obvious way? Thanks!
you have to handcraft circuits till you get the tech to make the machine that can automate them.

shuzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shuzen »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:55 am
you have to handcraft circuits till you get the tech to make the machine that can automate them.
I just looked into it with FNEI, and it seems I'd need a "Chipshooter machine MK1", and then several other machines for different ingredients. Ok, handcrafting it is, then.

Thanks!

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

correct, there are two ways to create cricuit1
- Handcrafting: quite cheap on resources, should be the interim solution until you automate circuit1 production. it is required to use this receipt as circuit1 is required a lot until you automate circuit1. this cannot be used in any assembler (to force to switch to regular production)
- 'Regular' (pyHT) receipt: it is possible (and intended) to automate the chain to supply your base with circiut1

i think (at least on py suite without AL) this is the only receipt that is forced to be used as handcrafting - i like the no handcraft mod (with 1assembler + 1solar panel + 1 power pole i think) but this is not possible to use with py because of circ1

as you said you use a selfmade mod - i am quite sure you can exclude this receipt from your change to disable handcrafting

Code: Select all

RECIPE {
    type = 'recipe',
    name = 'electronic-circuit-initial',
    category = 'handcrafting',
    enabled = true,
ur code might look something like

for name, recipe in pairs(data.raw["recipe"]) do
	if data.raw["recipe"][name].category == nil or data.raw["recipe"][name].category == "crafting" then
		data.raw["recipe"][name].category = "advanced-crafting"
	end
end
i 'think' this code would actually work for you as 'handcrafting' and 'crafting' or nil is not the same
in this case you would need to force yourself to not use this receipt any more as soon as you have circ1 automation possible

nevertheless.. this is pure challange if you remove handcrafting.. some might say, even more than AL

shuzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shuzen »

error0664 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:45 pm
i 'think' this code would actually work for you as 'handcrafting' and 'crafting' or nil is not the same
in this case you would need to force yourself to not use this receipt any more as soon as you have circ1 automation possible

nevertheless.. this is pure challange if you remove handcrafting.. some might say, even more than AL
Hey, this is a great idea! I had to modify the category to 'handcrafting' (

if data.raw["recipe"][name].category == "handcrafting" then
) and now the simplified recipe actually shows up in an assembling machine. This modifies only two recipes, 'electronic-circuit-initial' and 'ammo-initial'.

Looks like this will work! Whether it's a good idea, we'll see... :)

Thanks!

twan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by twan »

The PyMods suite is hard enough as it is. I'm at 600h in my current play, but then I spend about half in Helmod probably :roll:

The complexity of Py is in the sheer size of the builds and the recipe complexity (different subcomponents with their own chain leading to components leading to a recipe)

You'll probably turn yourself crazy, but hey, if that's how you wanna play; there's nobody going to stop you.

Return to “PyMods”