pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fusion power setup andvice and limitations

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

I have been testing fusion setups for while and here is what i found :
  • the power output is very unstable +-30% so it requires a thing that limits the power it can output in order to give constant power, i used some fast discharge accumulators but that had a disadvantage : it means that fusion power is treated as tertiary ,there was a transformer mod out there but if i remember well it was UPS heavy so i avoided it
  • beacuse of the prev point it is very advisable not to selfpower the setup , a small perpetual power setup would be enough since power usage is not large
  • dont use PA to get anything used for fusion ingredients , since py has been making PA more expensive it is very likely to bring the power to the negative side
NOTE: since the stuff needed for fusion is complex in nature it should be upscale-ed to 110-120% to ensure supply also it is hard to make it all on site and that brings us the the next thing: since you need to bring stuff from the outside the setup you NEED to give fusion absolute priority other vise you will end up in a blackout spiral that will setup the setup in the end

Fusion probably should be built in 2 types of configurations: 1-2-3k setup and antimatter setup there is also the 1-2-3-4k setup BUT that one is either MASSIVE or it needs to have a heavy power limitation set for the 4k part of it , also 4k fusion requires purple science to run so it is expensive

1 the 1-2-3k setup is a 3/4/1 reactor setup in this order for 100% efficiency OR with the use of speed modules can be brought up to a 1/1/1 either way a setup like this produces a constant 10.5-11.5GW , until pyAL is out i wont comment on the cost

2 since antimatter is not tied to another fusion recipe it can be scaled based on reactor count , the power per reactor will depend on the module setup , compared the the 1-2-3k setup the items required to run it are much more complex but the power is also greater NOTE: this recipe requires pyHT

regarding the 1-2-3-4k setup in order to get a perfect ratio one would need a large setup and the power produced by it would be at around a theoretical 118GW , if one would use PA to get H+ protons one can build a smaller setup BUT that would mean a very high running power cost and imply a power loop and that loop will cut a lot from the power profit margin and be very risky since this type of setup is unstable without precise power management and some decent buffers

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Fusion power setup andvice and limitations

a maxed out reactor with antimatter can make up to 159 420 MW
39 855 MW on a non module one

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

use tanks to easy the curves.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:32 pm
i am useing them
in the case of the 1 2 3k it is the variable temperature that is to blame ,
anyway i managed to stabilize the power made at 10 750 MW
the problem is that when the 3k one inserts steam you can produce a lot of power fast but that runs out fast

if you want to take a look i can send you the save

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm
pyanodon wrote:
i am useing them
the problem is that when the 3k one inserts steam you can produce a lot of power fast but that runs out fast

I actually have a very similar issue. I use fusion as a 'last minute power' because that's all it's good for. It gives you a lot of power quickly but material input is expensive...

Fusion 1 almost never fires, fusion 2 fires most of the time, fusion 3 almost never fires since it goes too fast.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

shadowpho wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm
pyanodon wrote:
i am useing them

I actually have a very similar issue. I use fusion as a 'last minute power' because that's all it's good for. It gives you a lot of power quickly but material input is expensive...

Fusion 1 almost never fires, fusion 2 fires most of the time, fusion 3 almost never fires since it goes too fast.
YES fusion power even with all the buffs is really expensive

not sure what u mean by ```fires```

the only economical fusion is antimatter BUT that is very late game and since it produces so much power one can easily rely on it BUT there is a great risk of plant failure due to the long chains needed to supply it , and when it fails your entire base will probably go down , unless u gave some backup power-plant with comb mix or maybe even nuclear, and probably some solar to feed the backup power-plant

Return to “PyMods”