2 Suggestions

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

2 Suggestions

Post by Mecejide »

Suggestion #1: add a new item, called the advanced control unit. It is crafted from a control unit and a circuit board 3. It replaces its components in the recipes for the production science pack and the rocket control unit.
Why: the production science pack requiring circuit board 3s would make the jumps in complexity from each required* science pack to the next more similar. It would also create a nice pattern: the highest tier of circuits in the chain of required* science packs would go 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. As for the rocket control unit, it makes sense that it should require (regular) control units.
Suggestion #2: change the laser turret technology so it doesn't have the military science pack as a prerequisite and they aren't part of its research cost.
Why: this is to make the military science pack optional. The pacing of it is strange since it's a step down in complexity from the previous science pack (which is part of the reason that I asked if it would be overhauled in Pyanodons Alien Life), along with breaking the pattern I mentioned in the reason for suggestion #1, hence the asterisks.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 2 Suggestions

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

1 would be nice
2 often a small temporary setup is enough so no a big problem

regarding roket the speed 1 modules are the expensive part other then that the circ 4 are in a appropriate amount

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

I've proposed having production science consume circuit 3 in some fashion, for exactly this reason. It's a lot more stuff than chemical science, but it isn't really much added complexity compared to chemical science. Then utility science winds up being even more intimidating than chemical science was.

The laser turret thing is a bit strange (since lasers aren't just a weapon in py, but also an ingredient in a few machines), but it becomes irrelevant quite quickly. I literally handcrafted those science packs over the course of a few minutes.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Note that Alien Life is going to add some biter-related features, so military science might become much more relevant...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Here's another suggestion for three new items: add super small parts. Its recipe is special small parts+nylon parts+nanoelectromechanical systems+super-alloy+sub-denier microfiber+colloidal silica+advanced belt (belt+hyperelastic material+vacuum in an assembling machine or automated factory)+fiber-optic parts (optical fiber+glass fibers+laser module+advanced coating in a nano assembler) in a nano-material factory. The super small parts are used in tier 4 buildings.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

I like it. The whole small parts idea is one of my favorite parts of Pyanodon.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Some more suggsetions:
Rename the heat exchanger added by Pyanodons Fusion Energy to the Fluid to Fluid Heat Exchanger.
Replace the belts in the alternate recipe for the express transport belts with advanced belts.
Add an alternate recipe for electric engine units that uses advanced belts.
Add alternate recipes for fast underground belts, fast splitters, express underground belts, and express splitters.
Add Fiber-Optic Parts to the recipe of the substation.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mecejide wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:00 am
Some more suggsetions:
Rename the heat exchanger added by Pyanodons Fusion Energy to the Fluid to Fluid Heat Exchanger.
Replace the belts in the alternate recipe for the express transport belts with advanced belts.
Add alternate recipes for fast underground belts, fast splitters, express underground belts, and express splitters.
why fiber optic in substation , since that is used for data not power transfer

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

My suggestion is to make organic solvent from benzene same as it now with aromatics or olefins - combine bone meal with benzene
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:20 am
Mecejide wrote:
Some more suggsetions:
For circuit networks.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I've come up with some more suggestions:
Make the Cooling Tower MK02 use a Cooling Tower MK01
Make the Combustion Turbine MK02 use a Combustion Turbine MK01
Make the Nexelit Powered Accumulator MK02 use a Nexelit Powered Accumulator MK01
Make the Printed Circuit Substrate 4 use a Nexelic Board instead of a Mounted Circuit Substrate
My proposed chain for Nexelic Boards is
Fine Nexelit Powder+Pregnant V2O5 Acid Solution->Nexelic Acid+Vanadates
Gold Plate+Nexelit Plate or Sand Casting+Gold Solution+Molten Nexelit->AuNx Alloy
AuNx Alloy+Etching Solution->Thin AuNx Foil
Nexelic Acid+Fiberboard+Thin AuNx Foil->Nexelic Board

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 am
I've come up with some more suggestions:
Make the Cooling Tower MK02 use a Cooling Tower MK01
Make the Combustion Turbine MK02 use a Combustion Turbine MK01
Make the Nexelit Powered Accumulator MK02 use a Nexelit Powered Accumulator MK01
Make the Printed Circuit Substrate 4 use a Nexelic Board instead of a Mounted Circuit Substrate
My proposed chain for Nexelic Boards is
Fine Nexelit Powder+Pregnant V2O5 Acid Solution->Nexelic Acid+Vanadates
Gold Plate+Nexelit Plate or Sand Casting+Gold Solution+Molten Nexelit->AuNx Alloy
AuNx Alloy+Etching Solution->Thin AuNx Foil
Nexelic Acid+Fiberboard+Thin AuNx Foil->Nexelic Board
the prices of those buildongs would explode , and that will makes spamming the lover tech building that much more apealing

also that vanadium thing would force us up a somewhat slow chain

also dont you know how expensive high end science already is?

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Then the MK02 buildings I mentioned should use their MK01 versions instead of Circuit Board 2s, because none of them should need circuitry.
What about these recipes:
Boric acid+Nexelit Plate->Nexelic Acid+Boron Trioxide
Nexelic Acid+Fiberboard+AuNx Alloy->Nexelic Board
Also, wouldn’t Nexelic boards be cheaper than Mounted Circuit Substrates anyway?
Another suggestion: remove the Circuit Board 1 components from the recipes of the Circuit Board 2 components.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

What are you trying to achieve ?

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 pm
What are you trying to achieve ?
I'm trying to make the modpack more consistent.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:36 pm
Then the MK02 buildings I mentioned should use their MK01 versions instead of Circuit Board 2s, because none of them should need circuitry.
What about these recipes:
Boric acid+Nexelit Plate->Nexelic Acid+Boron Trioxide
Nexelic Acid+Fiberboard+AuNx Alloy->Nexelic Board
Also, wouldn’t Nexelic boards be cheaper than Mounted Circuit Substrates anyway?
Another suggestion: remove the Circuit Board 1 components from the recipes of the Circuit Board 2 components.
Ideas looks interesting - lul nexelic acid
How about some ideas for another phosphoric acid using?
And adding again nitric acid and фтв nitrogen dioxide and nitrogen monooxide?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 pm
Then, if you don't want to make a "consistency" mod yourself, you'll probably have to expand a bit more on how your suggestions are supposed to accomplish that ?

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 pm
Mecejide wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 pm
Then, if you don't want to make a "consistency" mod yourself, you'll probably have to expand a bit more on how your suggestions are supposed to accomplish that ?
Currently:
All tier tier 2 and up buildings use their lower tier versions except the Cooling Tower MK02, Combustion Turbine MK02, and Nexelit Powered Accumulator MK02, which is an inconsistency.
All Printed Circuit Substrates use a board made from fiberboard except the Printed Circuit Substrate 4, which is an inconsistency.
All Circuit Board components don't use their lower tier version except the Capacitor 2, Inductor 2, Resistor 2, and Printed Circuit Substrate 4, which is an inconsistency.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

nexelite is a metal so there will not chemicaly be a nexlic acid

even IRL there is a limit to the glass fiber PCB usage sometimes in high end uses the PCB is made on a ceramic substrate Al2O3 or Al(NO3)3

regarding the ``` Capacitor 2, Inductor 2, Resistor 2, and Printed Circuit Substrate 4``` for the first part there shouldn t be a requirement for inductor 1 or so on
for the PCB there might be a point since you can grow another layer on top of the first one so it is more like a maybe

Cooling Tower MK02, Combustion Turbine MK02, and Nexelit Powered Accumulator MK02 the buildings have changing size and specs so it is ligic to not use the prez one , in the case of the accumulator you should treat it more like a circuit intermediary not as a building

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mecejide wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:03 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:20 am
Mecejide wrote:
Some more suggsetions:
For circuit networks.
dont red/green wire already use opt cores in their recipes ?

Return to “PyMods”