Molybdenum plates

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Molybdenum plates

Post by shadowpho »

How come there's no upgraded tier of moly plates? I upgraded my aramid production and instantly killed with moly plates. I wanted to upgrade to 100 plates/minute (modest goal), but that requires either 27 miners running non-stop (and having to move them every 30 minutes) or 20k drilling fluid 3 (and 20k gasoline!!!!!!!!!!!) per minute.

:(

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Molybdenum plates

Post by otakushowboat »

Welcome to Pyanodon's mods, where the basic moly ratio is 15:0.5 of ore to plates.

The only way to increase production from the Moly chain is to use productivity modules. They can be used on almost every step along the way. If you need plates, it is much easier to do particle acceleration and eat the power cost. I would highly suggest doing PA for the plates and then save your MoO3 for super alloy.

Niobium processing is the same. It only improves via productivity modules.

If you aren't at circuit 2s, prioritize getting there before scaling up your aramid and cut back on any other things that are using your moly.

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Niobium processing is better for some reason :). I think it's because the patches are bigger and last longer. It would be great if we had big piles though..

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

otakushowboat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:01 pm
[...]

If you aren't at circuit 2s, prioritize getting there before scaling up your aramid and cut back on any other things that are using your moly.
It's not like like you would use molybdenum in large quantities before setting up circuits 2...

(Formaldehyde rather than from copper for plastic / early circuits 1 ?
Some petrochem recipes ?
Red belts ?
Vanilla assemblers mk2 ?
Some drill heads recipes ?)

Or is early py science viable without circuits 2 ?

shadowpho wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:57 am
Niobium processing is better for some reason :). I think it's because the patches are bigger and last longer. It would be great if we had big piles though..
At least ~now (from a year ago ?) Niobium patches seem to be about twice bigger and about twice more frequent than Molybdenum patches ?
Also helmod tells me that it takes 10.6 molybdenum ore but only 4.88 niobium ore per 1 blue + 1 py science pack (with mk2 buildings and prod modules everywhere that matters, except in labs).

So that's a whopping difference factor of ~8 in terms of supply & demand between niobium and molybdenum ?

(But then niobium seems to be used quite a bit more elsewhere ?
Advanced pipes, Big poles, pY trains, one drill head recipe not also using moly, ("nuclear") fuel rods, nexelit accumulators, most of the things moly is also used for ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

And so we have to make do with particle accelerators !
Each of which consumes a whopping 4 MW even idle !!

This calls for some electric set up... here's an easy one, with just a little flaw :
(Video with sound if downloaded.)

(Set up to turn on if ingredients are present, output isn't full, and accumulators are over 95% charge.)
electric_jitter.png
electric_jitter.png (85.03 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
(Well, in early pY science there's also the atomization of tuuphra, but it requires such an enormous set up, that it seems to be instead designed to feed the particle accelerator with the microscopic amounts of molybdenum ore (in cermets) it does need !
Later dingrit spike atomization might be better ?)
Attachments
jittery_particle_accelerator.mp4
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mo is supposed to be rare. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791