Moderator: pyanodon

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Thanks, Py, and a couple of ideas.

Post by factoriogame1121 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:47 am
I'm all with you for adding an early burner stage to the game, but not being able to handcraft most components is a hard *nope* for me.
God knows if engines aren't annoying enough already !
(You can always *choose* to play 'lazy bastard'-style if you *want* to...)

Generally, I think it's a bad idea to have too many non-hand-craftable recipes before you're able to set up a decent logistic bot network.
And in Py it's already hard enough to find the inventory space for all the plates and basic components !
If you create a mod that plays up the very beginning, the process of becoming, as if we are getting out of the Stone Age, then yes, maybe it really would be hard - something very boring and really annoying, but nevertheless I have no doubt in the abilities of Pyanodon , and I think if he took up this, he could do everything competently)

But in general, it's hard for me to judge what would be annoying and where (like what you said "there are many recipes that cannot be done manually"), because I do not play this mods(I only study recipes from time to time)) I am waiting for the final result, even if it will be only after 5 years) I just see in this mods what I need (and left them for sweet), and therefore I do not want to pretend to it in advance, until it is actually completed .. Therefore, I can offer something without understanding how it will be, I write only to " what if something from what I have written will be taken into account and will serve to improve the mod ")

PS: thanks for the proposed mod, with overloading the conveyors, I did not know about this. It's too brutal, even for such a masochist as me) In a large base, it would be extremely difficult to find such "holes in the system". Although, if bots could pick up orphan parts, it would be possible to make a special chest for such elements..
Last edited by factoriogame1121 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

I'll leave it here.

Dear Pyanodon, do you think in the future to try your unique creative powers in creating a military mod? To revive this side of the game on your own.

PS: It is a pity that I was late for the survey. I would speak about a chemical plant - I believe that the corresponding vanilla facility is one of the rudiments (sort of like vanilla bots already removed), along with empty research packages in the research tree.
Steam turbines (vanilla nuclear power) were also seen as rudiments (a clear inconsistency with the level), but, I believe, it will be processed from AE.

In general, I am in favor of the entire vanilla part of the game being completely redesigned and brought in line with the level of your mods.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:45 am
I'll leave it here.

Dear Pyanodon, do you think in the future to try your unique creative powers in creating a military mod? To revive this side of the game on your own.

PS: It is a pity that I was late for the survey. I would speak about a chemical plant - I believe that the corresponding vanilla facility is one of the rudiments (sort of like vanilla bots already removed), along with empty research packages in the research tree.
Steam turbines (vanilla nuclear power) were also seen as rudiments (a clear inconsistency with the level), but, I believe, it will be processed from AE.

In general, I am in favor of the entire vanilla part of the game being completely redesigned and brought in line with the level of your mods.
thats the idea. Thanks :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Hello
I got an idea. Of course, it would not be useful for everyone, but only for those who like to rebuild well-coordinated complexes.

Earlier, I wanted to ask you to make something like plates on which you can write information - this is in order to sign the switches of the logical network in order to understand which subnet belongs to which.

But you can do better. Maybe you should add something like a control terminal? Clicking on which opens a window in which all logical networks connected to it are shown, each of which could be signed by yourself. And this terminal would serve as a "switch pool". This may be necessary, for example, in order to turn off certain subsystems when there is a lack of energy. Or include some production facilities that do not require permanent work (such as the production of printed circuit boards or small parts for personal use). It is possible to allow these terminals to be duplicated, for example by laying a special cable from one to the other. In order not to have only one control panel.

Or even create something like a computer, inside which it was possible to place logical elements in order to save space on the map (for those who create very complex logical systems).

All this, of course, I repeat, not everyone would need it, but it is probably not so difficult to implement, and would make life easier for some players who love logical networks).

Zyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zyz »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:45 am
Hello
I got an idea. Of course, it would not be useful for everyone, but only for those who like to rebuild well-coordinated complexes.

Earlier, I wanted to ask you to make something like plates on which you can write information - this is in order to sign the switches of the logical network in order to understand which subnet belongs to which.

But you can do better. Maybe you should add something like a control terminal? Clicking on which opens a window in which all logical networks connected to it are shown, each of which could be signed by yourself. And this terminal would serve as a "switch pool". This may be necessary, for example, in order to turn off certain subsystems when there is a lack of energy. Or include some production facilities that do not require permanent work (such as the production of printed circuit boards or small parts for personal use). It is possible to allow these terminals to be duplicated, for example by laying a special cable from one to the other. In order not to have only one control panel.

Or even create something like a computer, inside which it was possible to place logical elements in order to save space on the map (for those who create very complex logical systems).

All this, of course, I repeat, not everyone would need it, but it is probably not so difficult to implement, and would make life easier for some players who love logical networks).
You cannot make items with information like you asked while modding. As for cables I've never seen it done neither can I think of a way to make one. Forget about the "computer" there is no current way to make something with logical elements in it other than the building interacting with signals. There is only so much that can be done with the API.

The usual ugly, space-consuming, two-colored logical network seems to be the only way to make something like you asked with all switches, cables and combinators it requires. Consider using the mod text plates to manually write what is needed about networks so you don't end up confused in a big mess of logical inputs.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Forget about the "computer" there is no current way to make something with logical elements in it other than the building interacting with signals. There is only so much that can be done with the API.

The usual ugly, space-consuming, two-colored logical network seems to be the only way to make something like you asked with all switches, cables and combinators it requires.
Surely, these mods fit his requirements ?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ImprovedCombinator
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/m-microcontroller
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/fcpu
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Moon_Logic

Or other mods here :
https://mods.factorio.com/tag/circuit-n ... wnloaded/1

(What I don't understand is why would he ask it from pY in the first place ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Thanks a lot for the mods!
Just knowing how many mods people create, I automatically don’t even want to try to find something useful in them (although it seems worth trying)... so I would like all the best solutions to be present in one modpack, which is the most priority for me...
Moreover, items in third-party modpacks differ significantly in the level of complexity of their recipes from Py recipes. And I prefer harmony in everything. My eyes are terribly mazolite when some third-party object requires only an iron plate and a wire, although, logically Py, should require an advanced PCB (figuratively speaking) ... Therefore, I try not to use third-party mods (except Py) at all. Except for simple technical ones, such as:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobinserters
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/321fredd ... stribution
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Narc/EvoGUI
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FNEI
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/skomick/tree_collision
The mods you mentioned, I think, can also be attributed to these. I will add. I'll take a look.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

In general, as I see it. Pyanodon's abilities are implemented with biters. In the system of these mods, the early game remains (partially implemented with previous research package). Like the "Stone Age" and the future, fantasized technologies. And that's it. Mods can be sold like a game.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

have you seen the avengers movie? you can make elements of unimaginable complexity. for which an entire factory will be built, not everyone can calculate.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

like a solar energy storage system in the latest mod. it is possible to create a system of accumulation of gravitational power. which will deliver the pomace through certain transmitters. they, in turn, will distort space at a given point. energy will be supplied there from the processed parts of the unique matter obtained in the particle generator. and all this will produce only one unit of new unique material.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Pass the game, it is impassable. If I could. Late stage mod. As an option: four nuclear reactions. Different type. Each supplies a specific type of energy. This energy accumulates in the well. There goes the catalyst in the form of a mixture of several unique particles obtained during a complex reaction in a particle accelerator. All this mess generates only one unit of new material.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

this must be very, very difficult. to make people quit the game

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

and you will be a legend, pyanodon. you've been ahead of everyone.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

By the way, about the long-standing supposed modification of “finance”.

Now I fleetingly remembered someone wrote a comment asking if it would happen. And I thought, and if it were, how would it be implemented? Buy from yourself? Economics is the relationship between several people. Or is this an idea for multiplayer? But then this will greatly limit the game. How would it be possible to implement such a mod?

And it suddenly came to me. Instead of an explicit currency, you can make something like “experience” - something like a research package, but not for advancing along the technology tree, but for, for example, improving existing buildings or phenomena (for example, t.u.r.d. in more extended version). And in this sense, create “research packages” - currency, for example, in the form of “energy supply experience”, “biotechnology experience”, “metallurgy experience”. Like in Krastorio, there was something similar there.

This is just the first fleeting idea for now. I decided to post it right away. I'll just leave this here)

Return to “PyMods”