Show your creations

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Show your creations

Post by mrvn »

Post your best, ugliest, strangest, whatever creations here.

I will start of showing my pollution free Power plant for red/green science level. They are made to fit 2x2 chunks and if you place them inside 2x2 chunks all pollution is removed by the Fawogae Plantations. They should actually soak up a fair bit of pollution from surrounding chunk. First plant is made with the combustion turbine mk01. Later I modified it for the combustion turbine mk02. The rest is the same except for some rearangements. Had to make space for the larger turbines but it's so worth it. Ratios are as close to perfect as I could get, some overproduction rather then under.
clean-power.png
clean-power.png (5.91 MiB) Viewed 2576 times
Both design produce 80 Tar/s, 1 Ash/s and 0.3 Iron Oxide/s that can be removed at the bottom. If it backs up Tar is thrown in a sink hole. Iron Oxide is burned to Ash and Ash is burned some more into less Ash. So no need to remove Tar, Ash or Iron Oxide. But you can. The power plant runs purely on internal power (the turbines on the left). Only connect the remaining turbines to the outside or you risk a death spiral on brownout.

The blueprints are nearly self starting. You need to do 2 things:

1) The Power Houses run on a closed Water/Steam loop. When you blueprint the power plant you have to fill that with water. If you look closely there is already a water connection missing just one pipe. Connect that till the tank has 10-15k water and then disconnect it again. DON'T leave it connected or the steam backs up.

2) Supply power to the plant till it starts producing its own. If there is about 1k combustion mixture in the first tank you are good to go. Disconnect the power again to the plant is self contained.

Combustion turbines mk01:

Combustion turbine mk02:

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Show your creations

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

i amde a 255MW out power that is self sufficient and self starting(very slow with solar)
the idea of useing fawogae>coal>coke via distillation is interesting

i might try to do it form wood of the plantations

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 pm
i amde a 255MW out power that is self sufficient and self starting(very slow with solar)

Trees grow rather slowly. Adding water goes faster, adding tearrings even more so. You can then convert wood to coal in the distillery to get more coal gas. But it needs a larger footprint even then. Good sink for tearrings though.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

mrvn wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:45 am

Trees grow rather slowly. Adding water goes faster, adding tearrings even more so. You can then convert wood to coal in the distillery to get more coal gas. But it needs a larger footprint even then. Good sink for tearrings though.
water+co2

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:47 pm

water+co2
Just to clarify in case this is a head scratcher: the improvement in the log recipe from adding CO2 is more than enough to offset the cost of using some of your logs to make CO2. As far as I can tell there's no reason to use the other log recipes besides this one.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blokus wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:14 pm

water+co2
Just to clarify in case this is a head scratcher: the improvement in the log recipe from adding CO2 is more than enough to offset the cost of using some of your logs to make CO2. As far as I can tell there's no reason to use the other log recipes besides this one.
yes it is great for for standalone guilds and it uses just liek 10% of logs for CO2 or less

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:15 pm
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:14 pm

water+co2
yes it is great for for standalone guilds and it uses just liek 10% of logs for CO2 or less
That's what I used CO2 + trailings = logs. Bigger to produce the same coal.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Why waste tailings on that though? They have quite a few other nice uses.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:39 am
1) because otherwise it needs even more space.
2) None that I have researched.

The Tin/Aluminium needs some tailings, probably what iron/copper production produces. But making red science and landfill produces many times more tailings. What was I supposed to do with them?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:15 pm

The Tin/Aluminium needs some tailings, probably what iron/copper production produces. But making red science and landfill produces many times more tailings. What was I supposed to do with them?
Acid gas, nexelit (though later you'll make nexelit with ground borers instead).

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:22 am
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Acid gas, nexelit (though later you'll make nexelit with ground borers instead).
Looks like I will need that for circuit boards 2. But that's still some 100 recipes away from being automated.

Return to β€œPyMods”