Inserter

Re: pY Veganism (inofficial)

Post by Soggs »

tiriscef wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 pm
Hey,

thanks for offering your support. :)
I marked you two as collaborators.
Okay cool. :) How should we organize the collaboration? Via github? Btw if any of you needs me in a pinch I am available under Soggs#4093 on Discord. I can be found via the official factorio discord.

What I might do is make some kind of beta branch to test multiplayer desync since there is something going on there with composting silos but I am not sure what and I have some more or less willing test subjects on this available. :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Soggs wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:29 am
tiriscef wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 pm
Hey,

thanks for offering your support. :)
I marked you two as collaborators.
Okay cool. :) How should we organize the collaboration? Via github? Btw if any of you needs me in a pinch I am available under Soggs#4093 on Discord. I can be found via the official factorio discord.

What I might do is make some kind of beta branch to test multiplayer desync since there is something going on there with composting silos but I am not sure what and I have some more or less willing test subjects on this available. :D
im pretty sure the desync issues are from line 126 in control.lua.

Code: Select all

local relevant_machines = {}
gets modified over time and in a muliplayer game local variables like that table can get out of sync and are not properly shared between players. it needs to be a global variable to avoid that

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

Soggs wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:29 am

I have a github repository for this mod. Not sure if I should restructure it, so that you can directly clone it to your mods folder.

Edit: I'm available under tiriscef#7851 in discord.
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:06 pm
im pretty sure the desync issues are from line 126 in control.lua.

Code: Select all

local relevant_machines = {}
gets modified over time and in a muliplayer game local variables like that table can get out of sync and are not properly shared between players. it needs to be a global variable to avoid that
That table should be final after it's population in line 127 to 141 (except that lua has no way to enforce that). It's creation is only dependant on other final values and it has no writing accesses after that.

I have a theory that storing floating point numbers in global could be a problem for determinism. And the silos store two of them each.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey tiriscef, have you ever thought about boost for ralesia, we have fertilizer in pyht and in pyro but we can't use it to boost ralesia
Or another idea - use some replacer of ralesia, just another plant?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Soggs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soggs »

tiriscef wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:56 pm
I have a github repository for this mod. Not sure if I should restructure it, so that you can directly clone it to your mods folder.
It may be an idea to move the mod into its own repo where kingarthur and I can work as collaborators.

tiriscef wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:56 pm
That table should be final after it's population in line 127 to 141 (except that lua has no way to enforce that). It's creation is only dependant on other final values and it has no writing accesses after that.

I have a theory that storing floating point numbers in global could be a problem for determinism. And the silos store two of them each.
I wonder if that table creation with pairs is always the same across every machine. Also it is only in final in the sense of the current session. The table gets recreated every time you load the save.

Floats should be deterministic but you could swap to ints as fixed point to avoid that.

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

aklesey1 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Hey tiriscef, have you ever thought about boost for ralesia, we have fertilizer in pyht and in pyro but we can't use it to boost ralesia
Or another idea - use some replacer of ralesia, just another plant?
I think logs, fawogae, ralesia and maybe kikalk could use an early game recipe with humus. I will probably add that this evening.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Maybe some Orks ? :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:10 pm
Maybe some Orks ? :lol:
I googled if the Orks in Warhammer 40k should be considered vegan and was fascinated by the amount of search results where people asked and answered that question. :D

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

That is weird. The problem occures because Circuitissimo loads a library with a table.merge-function that doesn't actually merge the tables and somehow my mod calls that function instead of the stdlib one.
But my mod requires the stdlib-table-library and I don't have a clue why it doesn't overwrite Curcuitissimo's library.

Anyway. I will publish a new version somewhen tomorrow to fix that. :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Error on new version
https://yadi.sk/i/XDk1q3otcFMFnQ
And something weird - new version can't load without circutissimo 0.0.8 :!: omg - and fully can't load :!: with circutissimo 0.0.9
So now i go back to 0.0.18 and i'll forgot about circutissimo for some time............ ehhhhhhh

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

Someone should really teach me to automate compatibility tests before I further embarass myself.^^

I corrected the fix. If you redownload pyv 0.19 it should work.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ok i'll try thank for ur responsiveness

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

tiriscef can i use recipe "sodium vapour lamp" in another mods so it'll be be duplicated?
And some recipes from ur mods are so useful

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

Yes you can.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Do u planing something new or some changes to ur mod?
When i'm playing with PYHT i'm often think about ziupirs processing and about blalance between blood uisng and skin using which i need in tons to resilin and ethanolamine bcuz i'[m using alien bacteria so much :D

I think that the nylon and plastic can be more usfel and blood meal can be a little bit coastly
So many info about new balance of resources in PYAL, pyanodon can think about people which'll play with PYAL with another py mods

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

I'm not developing this mod at the moment, because pyal is in the same conceptual space and will most likely invalidate a lot of the ideas I have for pyv.

Also I'm focusing on getting Sosciencity to a playable state.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Very interested in what concepts you come up with for this one lol
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Return to “PyMods”