Suggestion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Suggestion

Post by Openhand »

Thank you pyanodon and the pyanodon team and kingarthur for compatiblity for making a bunch of amazing mods for factorio even though i'm playing straight pyanodon +helpmods atm. The complexity makes my head spin but with some quality of life mods it is managable (helmod, even distribution, "what does it really do?) and it is just what i wanted :)

I cannot state enough how much i like pyanodon mods.

I guess there is one thing that buggers me a bit but i'm not sure it is 100% a problem, it is that i would like the ability to avoid hurting digital animals if i could in modded factorio (excluding the aggressive biters) because i'm actually a 5 year vegan so abusing the animals for their body parts is something i would like to be able to avoid, a vegan option so to say, i'm not sure how required animal exploitation is to pyanodon, at least early i think i'm required to exploit animals for science packs.

Whenever a game has a vegan option it shines greatly to me and i loved it in other games where they replaced meat drops from mobs that could heal you if you eat them with like fruits or baguettes (dead cells) it just shows some consideration to other ideologies and world views and also this is increasingly becoming an important issue in groceries and stuff where we do not get to know what is vegan or not in certain ingredients that could be either plant or animal origin and this makes me learn about the ingredients similar to boron and borax and it is a learning experience :)

I actually thought about "glycerol" and "wasn't that in pyanodon's mod?" and "wasn't that acquired from processing animals?" i looked it up in the store and it can be either from animal or plant origin,i would have to call the manufactorer to know which sucks and is pretty shocking for me that they didn't consider this for their product labeling, for a vegan, i would really much appreciate a plant-path for pyanodon's where there is one, and it is a cool extra challenge or path for playing pyanodon's it would be sooo cool, even for non-vegans i thinks :)

Since people rather avoid exploiting animals i guess the plant path is more difficult in real life? but it would really make pyanodon mods shine a little more than they already do, why we use animals for these ingredients when we have a plant path for it? i want to know, is it that much cheaper to use animal industry for it? i mean if you already use animals for some part of your industry, buying by-products from that industry is cheaper than growing a new field of crops to get it?

In games i'm alright with exploiting animals for fun but if i want to be kinder to them that option would be great :D

Sorry if this appears preachy or something, its just one thing i think would make pyanodon's a really great mod to me if it allows for several paths and educates people somewhat about real life as well, i at least get curious about all the bits and parts in pyanodon and find myself googling stuff and learning new information, i love it :D

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Openhand wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm
Thank you pyanodon and the pyanodon team and kingarthur for compatiblity for making a bunch of amazing mods for factorio even though i'm playing straight pyanodon +helpmods atm. The complexity makes my head spin but with some quality of life mods it is managable (helmod, even distribution, "what does it really do?) and it is just what i wanted :)

I cannot state enough how much i like pyanodon mods.

I guess there is one thing that buggers me a bit but i'm not sure it is 100% a problem, it is that i would like the ability to avoid hurting digital animals if i could in modded factorio (excluding the aggressive biters) because i'm actually a 5 year vegan so abusing the animals for their body parts is something i would like to be able to avoid, a vegan option so to say, i'm not sure how required animal exploitation is to pyanodon, at least early i think i'm required to exploit animals for science packs.

Whenever a game has a vegan option it shines greatly to me and i loved it in other games where they replaced meat drops from mobs that could heal you if you eat them with like fruits or baguettes (dead cells) it just shows some consideration to other ideologies and world views and also this is increasingly becoming an important issue in groceries and stuff where we do not get to know what is vegan or not in certain ingredients that could be either plant or animal origin and this makes me learn about the ingredients similar to boron and borax and it is a learning experience :)

I actually thought about "glycerol" and "wasn't that in pyanodon's mod?" and "wasn't that acquired from processing animals?" i looked it up in the store and it can be either from animal or plant origin,i would have to call the manufactorer to know which sucks and is pretty shocking for me that they didn't consider this for their product labeling, for a vegan, i would really much appreciate a plant-path for pyanodon's where there is one, and it is a cool extra challenge or path for playing pyanodon's it would be sooo cool, even for non-vegans i thinks :)

Since people rather avoid exploiting animals i guess the plant path is more difficult in real life? but it would really make pyanodon mods shine a little more than they already do, why we use animals for these ingredients when we have a plant path for it? i want to know, is it that much cheaper to use animal industry for it? i mean if you already use animals for some part of your industry, buying by-products from that industry is cheaper than growing a new field of crops to get it?

In games i'm alright with exploiting animals for fun but if i want to be kinder to them that option would be great :D

Sorry if this appears preachy or something, its just one thing i think would make pyanodon's a really great mod to me if it allows for several paths and educates people somewhat about real life as well, i at least get curious about all the bits and parts in pyanodon and find myself googling stuff and learning new information, i love it :D
u can get glycerol from tholens if u have pyPetrolH

other animal uses are ureea -no harm mostly
lard needed for oleochemicals -all out harvesting
zipir needed for colagen and a few other parts -all out harvesting
bone meal -all out harvesting

crops are slow in general i tend to avoid organics in general , regarding animal products there are many of them with no vegetable/plant replacement so i try to use all the other parts too , like collagen and lard , and sometimes the fe=aster route or the better yield route is the proffered one

also pyAlienLife is in the work atm

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm
i'm actually a 5 year vegan so abusing the animals for their body parts is something i would like to be able to avoid, a vegan option so to say
Welcome to the club ;). Reminds me of the minecraft mod "The Vegan Option" (literally) that had rather fun recipes and mechanics to get around killing stuff. Including Nether Stars :D.

So +1. But i'm not holding my breath for it to happen. (You should choose a more adequate topic title though).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

well ive spoken with pyanodon and its not really going to be a thing anytime soon or ever.

now on that front i can make a mod to implement it but to put it simply i got like 1000 other things that need my attention that are i feel higher priority. im not looking to figure out all the details to make it realistic.

coding the actual recipes isnt that hard or time consuming and i can make some ok art for plants. so if someone was to do some research and come up with recipes and things i will put it together.

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

I would be interested in making such a mod, as a vegetarian myself.

Problem is just that I have little to no experience on the graphics side yet. Or at least graphics that aren't based on simple geometry.
But I think I'm able to create some item sprites for fictional plants, dung, microorganisms, etc and reuse the various farms and the bioreactor.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:10 am

crops are slow in general i tend to avoid organics in general , regarding animal products there are many of them with no vegetable/plant replacement so i try to use all the other parts too , like collagen and lard , and sometimes the fe=aster route or the better yield route is the proffered one

Well i think urea could probably be comparable to milk, but i dunno if we get urea from animals now and how they do it so i cannot say too much about it.
Vegans consider milk to be harmful and exploitation, but i have no idea about urea or if we even get some from animals (or only as a by-product because they urinate or something).

I actually thought about pyAlienLife because i saw that is likely to be the next thing that is focused on? that would actually make really good sense, because this is all biology i think? Having more ways of getting these ingredients would be really nice and then some more that might be added.

I dunno why someone would want animal exploitation to be absolutely required no matter what, sure it can be fun to cause maximum amount of harm possible to digital animals, but sometimes i don't wanna >.< Hell i can fantasize about killing millions of biters and have my revenge (not really, i'm invading their planet and all that stuff) they have caused me a lot of suffering and grief, with justification though.

Its hard to talk about plantpaths without being preachy though, just to be clear i think it would be cool to use barrels to transport blood barrels around xD That would be awesome actually, i think i gotta do that.

But i just consider it natural to represent realistic options to big issues, if plant paths isn't considered at all i just take it as bias and a wish against plant path.

Just imagine a game where there is wheat but you cannot make bread with it, you can only feed it to cows and eat their flesh, it is a bias towards meat eating, when you could just use that wheat to make bread. Its a bit strange not having the bread option is all and some people want to make bread >.<

Though its through my vegan lens it seems that way, to someone else they might look at me and say: wanting a bread from wheat instead of wanting meat from cows is a vegan bias, i dunno.

Maybe it would be best if i didn't mention veganism at all, i kinda regretted it afterwards, i should have left it as a plant-path or plant-based, veganism has little to do with it, it has to do more with realism or reality where you can get these things without using animals, i'm not sure about the efficiency or trouble though so it might be natural to cut it out if it is really difficult.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:33 pm
well ive spoken with pyanodon and its not really going to be a thing anytime soon or ever.

now on that front i can make a mod to implement it but to put it simply i got like 1000 other things that need my attention that are i feel higher priority. im not looking to figure out all the details to make it realistic.

coding the actual recipes isnt that hard or time consuming and i can make some ok art for plants. so if someone was to do some research and come up with recipes and things i will put it together.
Ahh thats sad saying never and stuff :(

I don't know the process myself, and i have never worked on any mod for any game really except made a tiny "mod" to change how a spell behaved in skyrim, very slightly.

I mean i can google glycerol and see how one might attain it using plants:

"How is Vegetable Glycerin Made?

Vegetable glycerin is produced using an extraction process called hydrolysis. During hydrolysis, oils are placed under the combined force of pressure, temperature, and water. The ester bond breaks and causes the glycerin to split from fatty acids and be absorbed by water; at which point the resultant is further isolated by distillation to increase purity. Purified vegetable glycerin has a texture similar to an oil or syrup due to its organic molecular makeup, specifically, three hydroxyl groups."

Yes after reading this i would love to see this process in factorio, sounds cool no?

Sounds like any other processing in pyanodon, several processes, and by-products probably.

I was sorta getting hope for pyAlienLife afterwards when i learned about it, maybe it would be included there? but now my hopes were shotdown T_T

We already have plants in pyanodon's even, could use the same plants but just new processes? Not sure we need new plants for this.

Also i'm interested in angels petrochem because it has been said pyanodon isn't gonna add that because it already exist, what i need to do for compatibility? can i just install angel petrochem no issues no need for your compatibility mod maybe? (because pyanodon doesn't touch it?)

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Welcome to the club ;). Reminds me of the minecraft mod "The Vegan Option" (literally) that had rather fun recipes and mechanics to get around killing stuff. Including Nether Stars :D.

So +1. But i'm not holding my breath for it to happen. (You should choose a more adequate topic title though).
I had a different post i was actually going to post in response to pyanodon on another comment i made, but then i saw i had an suggestion so i figured i would just make a new thread for it, i just wanted to express how much i like pyanodons mod and bring up ANY issues i have with it, so here you have this suggestion post, it is just out of love for the mods, i'm fine without a plant path, everyone is free to do their own thing, it would just be even better with a plant path, and even more realistic and teaches important facts to people if they are interested, also googling the process for making glycerol, it sounds just as interesting as any other process in pyanodons, i don't think i'm the only one that google things pyanodon's mods has.

Yes, its fun challenge trying to do things with plants only, like in "it lurks below" i haven't touched, cows, or bees, or the other third animal path or any of the animal stuff yet, because i don't seem to need too, first time playing it even, i got plants that i can eat or further "process" to make processed foods like bread, or blueberry jam from but i cannot plant them during winter, i guess animals would be good during winter? but i dunno if i need to feed the animals or not. Oh but i do eat the meat i get from rats and mobs beneath the surface, maybe i should stop killing rats, they aren't hostile, yeah i think that goes against the challenge, but mobs are hostile, their meat is purely by-product of self-defense, though i could exclude that meat to to be "vegan" in "it lurks below" i guess.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 am
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Ahh thats sad saying never and stuff :(

I don't know the process myself, and i have never worked on any mod for any game really except made a tiny "mod" to change how a spell behaved in skyrim, very slightly.

"How is Vegetable Glycerin Made?

Vegetable glycerin is produced using an extraction process called hydrolysis. During hydrolysis, oils are placed under the combined force of pressure, temperature, and water. The ester bond breaks and causes the glycerin to split from fatty acids and be absorbed by water; at which point the resultant is further isolated by distillation to increase purity. Purified vegetable glycerin has a texture similar to an oil or syrup due to its organic molecular makeup, specifically, three hydroxyl groups."

Yes after reading this i would love to see this process in factorio, sounds cool no?

Sounds like any other processing in pyanodon, several processes, and by-products probably.

I was sorta getting hope for pyAlienLife afterwards when i learned about it, maybe it would be included there? but now my hopes were shotdown T_T

We already have plants in pyanodon's even, could use the same plants but just new processes? Not sure we need new plants for this.

Also i'm interested in angels petrochem because it has been said pyanodon isn't gonna add that because it already exist, what i need to do for compatibility? can i just install angel petrochem no issues no need for your compatibility mod maybe? (because pyanodon doesn't touch it?)
I'm not saying it cant be made just that pyanodon has enough stuff hes already got to do and doesnt want to add more onto it.

While I can look the information up. I have several other projects that need work. As such if someone or someone's find the info of the process need to replace the non vegan friendly parts. I'll write the code.

On the topic of using Angel's and py without the compatibility patch you can try. It used to load without and was just pretty separated from each other as almost all items and fluids where considered different.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:06 am
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:10 am

Well i think urea could probably be comparable to milk, but i dunno if we get urea from animals now and how they do it so i cannot say too much about it.
Vegans consider milk to be harmful and exploitation, but i have no idea about urea or if we even get some from animals (or only as a by-product because they urinate or something).

I actually thought about pyAlienLife because i saw that is likely to be the next thing that is focused on? that would actually make really good sense, because this is all biology i think? Having more ways of getting these ingredients would be really nice and then some more that might be added.

I dunno why someone would want animal exploitation to be absolutely required no matter what, sure it can be fun to cause maximum amount of harm possible to digital animals, but sometimes i don't wanna >.< Hell i can fantasize about killing millions of biters and have my revenge (not really, i'm invading their planet and all that stuff) they have caused me a lot of suffering and grief, with justification though.

Its hard to talk about plantpaths without being preachy though, just to be clear i think it would be cool to use barrels to transport blood barrels around xD That would be awesome actually, i think i gotta do that.

But i just consider it natural to represent realistic options to big issues, if plant paths isn't considered at all i just take it as bias and a wish against plant path.

Just imagine a game where there is wheat but you cannot make bread with it, you can only feed it to cows and eat their flesh, it is a bias towards meat eating, when you could just use that wheat to make bread. Its a bit strange not having the bread option is all and some people want to make bread >.<

Though its through my vegan lens it seems that way, to someone else they might look at me and say: wanting a bread from wheat instead of wanting meat from cows is a vegan bias, i dunno.

Maybe it would be best if i didn't mention veganism at all, i kinda regretted it afterwards, i should have left it as a plant-path or plant-based, veganism has little to do with it, it has to do more with realism or reality where you can get these things without using animals, i'm not sure about the efficiency or trouble though so it might be natural to cut it out if it is really difficult.
STRONG BIASES IN YOUR POST AND WE WOULD HAVE FIGURED U WERE A VEGAN AFTER LIKE 7 SENTENCES ANYWAY
and you are a bit preachy anyway

and u can barrel blood
urea comes from urine so not exploitation

also do you realize that many species would go extinct if all would become vegan ? from all the new field needed and the forests that need to be cut

also it would be the biggest animal genocide ever since like 95% of animals would become useless so they would be turned into fertilizer

also there are many organic compounds that cant be grown from plants or it is so expensive to synthesize it from organics it out of the table like insulin for example
or alternatively the other chemical alternatives are very polluting long and short term shellac/vinyl is an example tho not a perfect one
natural and sintetic rubber is another that both excel in different areas

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 am

Assuming @pyanodon wasn't against the idea, it still would never be about the "difficulty" to implement. There are several other limiting factors. The largest of which is time. Imagine that researching, creating and fully balancing a recipe takes about 30 minutes each (which is a low estimate). How many additional recipes would he have to make? How much time total would that cost him? How many additional bug reports would he get from it? More recipes also make large-scale balancing adjustments more difficult.

Also most factorio mods (including base) offer only one straight path to success. The path where you master all recipes. Very few mods have *real* alternative paths in their own production chains.

That is why i said i'm not holding my breath for this.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:47 am

Assuming @pyanodon wasn't against the idea, it still would never be about the "difficulty" to implement. There are several other limiting factors. The largest of which is time. Imagine that researching, creating and fully balancing a recipe takes about 30 minutes each (which is a low estimate). How many additional recipes would he have to make? How much time total would that cost him? How many additional bug reports would he get from it? More recipes also make large-scale balancing adjustments more difficult.

Also most factorio mods (including base) offer only one straight path to success. The path where you master all recipes. Very few mods have *real* alternative paths in their own production chains.

That is why i said i'm not holding my breath for this.
Well i meant the difficulty of producing glycerol from plant sources instead of animal, but the difficulty of implementing it as well i guess is just as important.

If most glycerol was produced through plants and it was rarely from animals it would be a bit strange to include the rare options but not the more common one, though after reading a bit it seems it is mostly plant based glycerol that is used in soap and such, i guess it is cheaper? though i'm not certain about this at all.

Well about the time to make this: at basic it would be like just replacement recipe with no new assets for the body parts/liquids we use now, which is like what? 5-10?, though when you asked this i just imagined that you could make it as complicated as you wanted, so yeah you are right, you could do this entire theory very basic or very complex and considering how the rest of pyanodon mod looks, it would be pretty complex and a lot of time and energy would have to go into it and if it is something pyanodon and the team isn't interested in, i can see why it won't make it.

I guess this is the spot where other actors can contribute, i never contributed to much as a vegan myself, i'm no activist, i just want to treat animals well and not contribute to their exploitation IRL, having a plant option is just preference here, i'm not trying to convert anyone over in factorio to be vegan lol.

I like the meme or joke about the mass genocide of biters, it is just plain fun :)

Though having a path for harmony win with the biters would be a cool concept for factorio (vanilla even) i'm not sure you are aware of the harmony win in sid meier's alpha centauri, i thought it was cool waaaay back then, long before i was vegan, instead of fighting the "enemy" go towards harmony with them, the same concept i think is used in undertale, you don't have to fight the "enemy" you can go on a peaceful path, i think this is just getting more popular year by year.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 am
STRONG BIASES IN YOUR POST AND WE WOULD HAVE FIGURED U WERE A VEGAN AFTER LIKE 7 SENTENCES ANYWAY
and you are a bit preachy anyway

and u can barrel blood
urea comes from urine so not exploitation

also do you realize that many species would go extinct if all would become vegan ? from all the new field needed and the forests that need to be cut

also it would be the biggest animal genocide ever since like 95% of animals would become useless so they would be turned into fertilizer

also there are many organic compounds that cant be grown from plants or it is so expensive to synthesize it from organics it out of the table like insulin for example
or alternatively the other chemical alternatives are very polluting long and short term shellac/vinyl is an example tho not a perfect one
natural and sintetic rubber is another that both excel in different areas
Still, veganism is kinda of a dirty word, i think people appreciate it if i don't use it, and therefore i don't like it when i find myself speaking it, the word that shall not be spoken! The v-word.

Yeah it looks like there is a recipe for barreling blood, i just haven't got around to rendering some zits or what they were called, i like barrels, they are a bit of a pain though and i wish they allowed for buildings to use barrels straight without converting it in a assembly first and then pipe it in, like how it is in real life, you don't need to have an assembly building i think to unbarrel the barrels, can't you just use the barrels in the building you need it? also you need 2 belts for barrels: back and forth, i wish there was a better solution where i could use 1 belt, or maybe a belt that has one lane forward and one lane back?, 2 belts for a medium distance i think is a bit much so i find myself not always going for the barreling option, sorta a pitty.

I don't want to argue about veganism here, anything from animals would require us to farm the animals and i think most vegans would disagree with urea being vegan friendly unless it was from free roaming wild animals and we just happend to find urea and the animals don't care about it. I know of most of the arguments against it and i don't think they are right, i would be really preachy if i made this into a veganism thread and spreading the vegan message or something, i don't want to do that, i just want a plant option for pyanodon, people can eat as much meat they want, kill as many biters they want and farm as many animals in pyanodon they want, i won't say anything negative about it, i might even say positive things if it is game or art related.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:09 am
Though having a path for harmony win with the biters would be a cool concept for factorio (vanilla even) i'm not sure you are aware of the harmony win in sid meier's alpha centauri, i thought it was cool waaaay back then, long before i was vegan, instead of fighting the "enemy" go towards harmony with them, the same concept i think is used in undertale, you don't have to fight the "enemy" you can go on a peaceful path, i think this is just getting more popular year by year.
Has been suggested for factorio countless times. So far i haven't seen anyone even try to implement it. Peaceful mode is the closest you get.

My "favourite nitpick" with civ games is that "cultural victory" counts as peaceful. Even though what you actually did was brainwash a whole culture into obliterating itself. Which is arguably even worse than destruction by war. But...that is a different topic.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 am
I'm not saying it cant be made just that pyanodon has enough stuff hes already got to do and doesnt want to add more onto it.

While I can look the information up. I have several other projects that need work. As such if someone or someone's find the info of the process need to replace the non vegan friendly parts. I'll write the code.

On the topic of using Angel's and py without the compatibility patch you can try. It used to load without and was just pretty separated from each other as almost all items and fluids where considered different.
I can't try angel petrochem this playthrough but the next i think, i'll have to look through your compatibility mod(s?) maybe you made one specifically for angel petrochem since it sounds like you are unsure if it would work, i liked angelbob before but right now i wanted the pyanodon experience, though the vanilla petrochem seems a bit simple and i miss some of the more unsual things of angel petrochem, was a while i ago i played with it so i'm not sure what though, while i was playing i was wondering: Where is the X recipe? is that angel petrochem only?, so things felt like they were missing.

Yeah i'm gonna give up on pyanodon having plant path, i'm still curious what pyAlienLife is about, even if it is even more animal exploitation it would be cool with me in a weird way, because its one of the options, it is just that one of the other options is missing.

Maybe leave it up for the plant interested people to make the plant stuff and leave it for the meat people to make the meat stuff, free market and all that.

I mean before pyanodon's there was no animal exploitation that i was aware of and when i first started playing pyanodon i found it cool that you could actually farm animals and stuff, though angel has some bio stuff going on that i never got into, there might be animals there now.
Last edited by Openhand on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:27 am
Has been suggested for factorio countless times. So far i haven't seen anyone even try to implement it. Peaceful mode is the closest you get.

My "favourite nitpick" with civ games is that "cultural victory" counts as peaceful. Even though what you actually did was brainwash a whole culture into obliterating itself. Which is arguably even worse than destruction by war. But...that is a different topic.
Yeah adding harmony victory path could be adding 100% more assets, it wouldn't be a small undertaking, i think thats up to modding territory, and it could break the vision of the game, the biters reminds me a bit of the local residents of sid meier's alpha centauri though, "Mind worms", incredible "little" critters :D

Oooh alpha centauri is an amazing game on it's own.

Didn't know that it had been suggested before, thats cool :)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Code: Select all

Yeah it looks like there is a recipe for barreling blood, i just haven't got around to rendering some zits or what they were called, i like barrels, they are a bit of a pain though and i wish they allowed for buildings to use barrels straight without converting it in a assembly first and then pipe it in, like how it is in real life, you don't need to have an assembly building i think to unbarrel the barrels, can't you just use the barrels in the building you need it? also you need 2 belts for barrels: back and forth, i wish there was a better solution where i could use 1 belt, or maybe a belt that has one lane forward and one lane back?, 2 belts for a medium distance i think is a bit much so i find myself not always going for the barreling option, sorta a pitty.
can be done easy

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Code: Select all

can be done easy
Not valid lua code.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

can be done easy
I see, do you think it would be good change / addon?

The buildings using barrels this way would have an additional output which we would have to filter with splitters or filter inserters, empty barrels, unless we like the chaos of several different outputs on the same belt :)

edit: Oh nvm if it isn't valid lua code, hmmmm.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:06 am
can be done easy
I see, do you think it would be good change / addon?

The buildings using barrels this way would have an additional output which we would have to filter with splitters or filter inserters, empty barrels, unless we like the chaos of several different outputs on the same belt :)

edit: Oh nvm if it isn't valid lua code, hmmmm.
if u use bots its great tho im not sure if u can straight up make the recipe since the blood needs to be in multiples of 50 but something similar is used in the methanol canister
and regarding belts i side load a lot so i dont see much of a problem with thant
input 1 belt L-zipir R-barrels
out 3 belts: L-meat R-skin R-bone L-brain R-blood barrel L-something maybe

Return to β€œPyMods”