aklesey1 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:36 pm
Bug - getting arthropod blood is broken from:
1) Vonix
2) Dhilmo
3) Knaut
4) Xyhipoe
5) Zipir
Getting blood in slaughter hous requires only time and electricity and no resources needed

Exceptions are recipes with improved versions of these victims - they're require resource for crafting

All py mods have last version

Anyone have this bug?
Are you using pycoaltbaa
Yes i'm using bcuz i need it to play with some bob's mods, many of bob's mods don't want to work without pycaoltbaa
I'm pretty sure I fixed the bug causing that issue earlier try the 9.10 branch on github. https://github.com/kingarthur91/PyCoalTBaA/tree/v9.10

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Yeah thanks kingarthur - version 0.9.10 from GitHub works more better then version 0.9.10 from modportal on new map - and I'm worring about my current save, i hope nothing will be broken
May be u'll put new 0.9.10 version to modportal to make sure that all will be okey?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

mathiaszealot wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:41 am
I wanted to share some sections of the base I've been working on and offer some meandering feedback for the py/chem science part of the game, as this feels like the time when all the Alien Life elements really start flowing into use. A few new mushrooms, several new interesting plants and animals, Mk2 modules, and new approaches with assisted embryology all become available to toy with around the same time with py and chemical science, so I think I'll be spending some time here playing around with different critters before attacking the climb toward Prod/Utility science.
Neat!

I just did mumoux farm, and research rennea now to upgrade that. You've definitely gone biger than I have. I'm currently making a Naven into coke/coaldust refinery that's on a similar scale. Nothing else has been that big. Only have module1s though and I had a decent size base before 0.18 and Alien life hit. I'm solidly plugging through blue and py science. I'm playing no-logistics bots though.

Curious what you're doing for Varuk Cocoons / DNA Polymerase, as those are my my bottlenecks currnetly. That and now Coke, although that's the Naven plant solution.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

try the dna polymerase that returns more
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

mrbaggins wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm
I wanted to share some sections of the base I've been working on and offer some meandering feedback for the py/chem science part of the game, as this feels like the time when all the Alien Life elements really start flowing into use. A few new mushrooms, several new interesting plants and animals, Mk2 modules, and new approaches with assisted embryology all become available to toy with around the same time with py and chemical science, so I think I'll be spending some time here playing around with different critters before attacking the climb toward Prod/Utility science.
Neat!

I just did mumoux farm, and research rennea now to upgrade that. You've definitely gone biger than I have. I'm currently making a Naven into coke/coaldust refinery that's on a similar scale. Nothing else has been that big. Only have module1s though and I had a decent size base before 0.18 and Alien life hit. I'm solidly plugging through blue and py science. I'm playing no-logistics bots though.

Curious what you're doing for Varuk Cocoons / DNA Polymerase, as those are my my bottlenecks currnetly. That and now Coke, although that's the Naven plant solution.
The last couple of sessions were consumed by refactoring my auog paddocks and trying to make them look nice, so I hadn't really gotten into the rest. Still running on what my original bus supply was making, about 20 mk 1s making a slow trickle from the basic recipe. Looking over the recipes, though: pyanodon is dead right, trying to scale the cocoon based polymerase to any real extent is a fool's errand.

That being said, I can only hope there are changes coming with the future updates for Cocoons. Of the current cocoon recipes #1-7 that I have access to, #2-7 are objectively worse than the previous recipes (#5 and #6 even duplicates: 4 water barrel, 10 bedding, 10 moss, 1 quality food for 1-2 cocoons and 4 empty barrels; #5 is 50 seconds, #6 is 45 seconds). It looks like an overhaul may be in progress, since naughty, naughty WIIRUF is finding unknown keys for mk02-04 cocoons.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:39 am
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm
Neat!

The last couple of sessions were consumed by refactoring my auog paddocks and trying to make them look nice, so I hadn't really gotten into the rest. Still running on what my original bus supply was making, about 20 mk 1s making a slow trickle from the basic recipe. Looking over the recipes, though: pyanodon is dead right, trying to scale the cocoon based polymerase to any real extent is a fool's errand.

That being said, I can only hope there are changes coming with the future updates for Cocoons. Of the current cocoon recipes #1-7 that I have access to, #2-7 are objectively worse than the previous recipes (#5 and #6 even duplicates: 4 water barrel, 10 bedding, 10 moss, 1 quality food for 1-2 cocoons and 4 empty barrels; #5 is 50 seconds, #6 is 45 seconds). It looks like an overhaul may be in progress, since naughty, naughty WIIRUF is finding unknown keys for mk02-04 cocoons.
i i remember well king is doing the mk2-4 vrauk atm , i was planning on looking into cocons for a while but there wa that thing that was more important that popend up all the time , now i am working on pups tho cocons are 1/3 don if i remember well

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

pyanodon wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:49 pm
try the dna polymerase that returns more
With arthurian eggs? Those are quite a ways into blue+py science, plus a lot of extra stuff.
i i remember well king is doing the mk2-4 vrauk atm , i was planning on looking into cocons for a while but there wa that thing that was more important that popend up all the time , now i am working on pups tho cocons are 1/3 don if i remember well
Cool
( pyanodon is dead right, trying to scale the cocoon based polymerase to any real extent is a fool's errand.
Well you need to, because you need quite a bit for a long chain of blue/py science before arthurian eggs open up.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:50 am
( pyanodon is dead right, trying to scale the cocoon based polymerase to any real extent is a fool's errand.
Well you need to, because you need quite a bit for a long chain of blue/py science before arthurian eggs open up.
I suppose that's a question of what you consider scale and acceptable time. 10h production statistics has me producing/consuming cocoons at a blistering 13.2/minute to make 3.2/min Py and 2.7/min Chem science. That's sufficient for me, as I intend to be here a long while figuring out how to proceed. When I'm finished with the Py/Chem sciences I'll get a trickle of special parts going to vat-brain myself some production science to keep the bar moving.

Note to self: You forgot to switch to the Liquid Nitrogen Retrovirus.

watc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by watc »

C0B97C94-4964-40B1-9CC6-048577320882.png
C0B97C94-4964-40B1-9CC6-048577320882.png (72.33 KiB) Viewed 5422 times
i notice some balance issue...
using antitumor machine only cost more others materials for the same quantity of guts

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

watc wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:03 am
C0B97C94-4964-40B1-9CC6-048577320882.pngi notice some balance issue...
using antitumor machine only cost more others materials for the same quantity of guts
update mods since that is not true in the last version :
(yes in the past special animals were worse then notmal ones)
atm it is 33% cheeper in all things but it needs antitumor and that makes it in practice like 20% cheeper overall

mikes61293
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikes61293 »

How's the development of this mod going so far? From the posts I'm seeing on here it looks like its getting close to done. I've been waiting for it to come out before I start up a new factory. :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mikes61293 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:54 pm
How's the development of this mod going so far? From the posts I'm seeing on here it looks like its getting close to done. I've been waiting for it to come out before I start up a new factory. :D
Uh. Its been out for a while. Just doing balancing stuff based on feedback

mikes61293
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikes61293 »

Oh I thought it may have been a patreon only release. Do I just download the master branch on Github?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:24 pm
Oh I thought it may have been a patreon only release. Do I just download the master branch on Github?
Its on the mod portal. .18 only

amgc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by amgc »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:26 pm
Does this mean it's not compatible with 0.17? Or just that I have to manually download it?
Thanks!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

amgc wrote: ↑
Sat May 02, 2020 5:14 pm
kingarthur wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:26 pm
Does this mean it's not compatible with 0.17? Or just that I have to manually download it?
Thanks!
its not compatible with .17

Mpmpmpmp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mpmpmpmp »

https://imgur.com/a/7BnZXTp

bug fawogae last recipe: a loooot of ressource for lees return than the first:d

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mpmpmpmp wrote: ↑
Wed May 06, 2020 5:54 pm
https://imgur.com/a/7BnZXTp

bug fawogae last recipe: a loooot of ressource for lees return than the first:d
First, its not a bug. Your game is running well and that wont lock the progress.

Second, its the recipe to make the first fawogae...not intended to be used all time. Use them to breed more. Like people do in farms, we plant few and spread.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Mpmpmpmp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mpmpmpmp »

thanks for the explanantion, it was not clear :)

The_Ferret
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by The_Ferret »

Incredibly minor bug report: when an inserter is behind a composter, part of the inserter arm is drawn on top of the composter.

Return to β€œPyMods”