Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by mrbaggins »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:34 am
mrbaggins wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:08 am

How can having them removed result in them "already being loaded"? I mean, the first run would be slower as it removes them, but every run after that isn't going to put them in to take them out...
That's not how factorio loading works at all. It reads threw each mod one at a time and loads everything in it before moving on to the next one. Mods get completly reloaded every time you start the game.
Sorry, I think we were talking about two different parts because I misunderstood one of your posts.

I noticed some machines are now disabled by script when missing module animals / plants. Can we investigate AL removing / disabling certain recipes that appear to be missed then? EG: I can copy and paste old recipes from old machines, which means they're still available, even though the item they generate (fertiliser) is a nothing-item and can't be used.

Either the AL mod needs to remove the other mod fertiliser completely, or both outputs should be the same item. They have the same pic and info, but one has "Good for plants" or something flavour text.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

OMFG the cottongut plantation is soooo cute!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

haahhh thanks
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Just checking something isn't broken...

The new kicalk plantation Mk 1 has 19 slots for flowers to go into? Just surprised me.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mrbaggins wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:36 am
Just checking something isn't broken...

The new kicalk plantation Mk 1 has 19 slots for flowers to go into? Just surprised me.
Should be 25

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Ah yep is too. Missed a row.

But okay then lol. Just wasn't expecting it, as I've been able "cheat" a little with the old machines

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mrbaggins wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:58 am
Ah yep is too. Missed a row.

But okay then lol. Just wasn't expecting it, as I've been able "cheat" a little with the old machines
well dont get to comfortable. im going to sort out all those little duplicates soon. if you can send me your save so i can test everything gets shifted over correctly

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

well dont get to comfortable. im going to sort out all those little duplicates soon. if you can send me your save so i can test everything gets shifted over correctly
Ahaha. Eh, I figured it was coming if not part of the shift when I went to 0.18 anyway. Just making the most of it. Means half my kicalk is running at 3.0 (2.0 + 50%) instead of 0.5~ speed. (0.04 * (1.5^25)) and similar on other items.

Save file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kosmgfoj1 ... e.zip/file (14 days only)

Save was comfortably churning through blue science in 0.17. I've been working on getting back to that in 0.18 with AL added. It's now finished Green science again, and I'm almost ready to do the PyScience packs.

Easiest way to get to where machines are in use of a certain type will be to jump in a train, add a station and type the name you're after eg: "Ralesia". Anything with GET is where that item is made. Eg : Ralesia GET. Not "Bone meal - Ralesia DROP" as that's where bone meal is/was made and where the ralesia is going TO.

Hope that helps you use it effectively. There's a big mixture of old and new. This save has come with me from 0.16 :P

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

Hello,
Begun new game with AL...problem with ralesia. I can't make it ingredient traditional method in ralesia plantation.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

katalex wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:58 am
Hello,
Begun new game with AL...problem with ralesia. I can't make it ingredient traditional method in ralesia plantation.
you need to use thee codez in order to get 2-3 then you can use the traditional seed and greenhouse method

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

What are people doing for biomass now that wood is so terrible for it?

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

I've been advise that wood->cellulose->lignin is a reasonable way. So far it seems to bear out. It still requires a relatively large pile of composters, but it looks like that will improve soon.

The soil separation recipe may also work out well.

Regarding just the number of composters, and ignoring the animal ones (those can't be a great idea... maybe cottongut?) I think it comes out as:

Best
Fertilizer 1:15
Molasses (A or B Type) 10:12, Lignin 1:12
Black Liquor 10:10, Sea Sponge Sprouts 1:10, Sugar 1:10, Xiphoe Blood 10:10
xxx-infused biomass 1:8, Syrup 10:8
Aromatics, Blood/Arth Blood, Liquid manure 10:5, Crude oil 20:5, a few other oil products as well
Everything else
Worst

Crafting times are all identical, so fertilizer is straight up 1/3 the machines of the aromatics tier. Lignin is almost certainly the smallest high throughput option for early tech.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

keep calm biomass re-balance coming soon TM

huhabab
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by huhabab »

Hi,
added AL to my py run, loving it so far and still repairing everything that broke, but thats half the fun.
One thing thats a mystery to me, though.. How do you get edibles? Raw Fish is gone and I don't seem to be able to craft anything similar that substracts DMG from the player.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Try dry meat and energy drinks
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

huhabab
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by huhabab »

Thanks!
I've got a follow up question. Currently searching for a bio reserve. It should spawn in newly created junks, right? Does "enable custom pymods resource generator" affect the spawning of AlienLife resources in any way? Should it stay disabled?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

huhabab wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:16 am
Thanks!
I've got a follow up question. Currently searching for a bio reserve. It should spawn in newly created junks, right? Does "enable custom pymods resource generator" affect the spawning of AlienLife resources in any way? Should it stay disabled?
you should get one close to spawn
you need a lot of the for science and different stuff
there is a building that can make them but that is mid-late game

huhabab
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by huhabab »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:04 pm
I just added AL to my ongoing save game (about 200hours, I'd rather not restart everything if possible). I'm still searching for something AL in newly generated terrain but sadly no luck yet.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

huhabab wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:13 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:04 pm
I just added AL to my ongoing save game (about 200hours, I'd rather not restart everything if possible). I'm still searching for something AL in newly generated terrain but sadly no luck yet.
the custom resource generator isnt setup for bio reserve so dont use that if you havnt already otherwise yes it should show up in new chunks. although it can take a bit to get truly new chunks as the game spawns quit a bit in the fog of war

musashimu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by musashimu »

Is it intended that composting phytoplankton gives 40 biomass for 10 units of fluid? It seems too good to be true compared to the other composting recipes and the proportion of "free" energy gained if you convert the biomass into raw coal and its products.

Return to “PyMods”