Came to write the same thing.It's right where I'm up to lol
its fixed for you though now right?

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by mrbaggins »

I updated yesterday or the day before... let me check my version

Edit: Yeah, I only had 1.9.7. I'll assume fixed in 198.

Edit2: Looks right. Gotta make some ulrics now.

mordras
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mordras »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:19 am
mordras wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:48 am
There is a deadlock with the Arqad Honey.

Py Science Pack
Requires Good Alien Sample
Requires DNA Polymerase
Requires Arqad Honey

Arqad Honey is unlocked by Arqad - Stage 2 which requires the Py Science Pack to research.
release version 1.9.8 should fix it
Thanks for this fix. Unfortunately, it looks like to make the honey I need my initial Arqad Empty Honeycombs. Those require Wax which is part of Arqad - Stage 2. So it still looks like it is deadlocked.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:10 am
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:19 am
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:48 am
There is a deadlock with the Arqad Honey.

Py Science Pack
Requires Good Alien Sample
Requires DNA Polymerase
Requires Arqad Honey

Arqad Honey is unlocked by Arqad - Stage 2 which requires the Py Science Pack to research.
release version 1.9.8 should fix it
Thanks for this fix. Unfortunately, it looks like to make the honey I need my initial Arqad Empty Honeycombs. Those require Wax which is part of Arqad - Stage 2. So it still looks like it is deadlocked.
there should be a recipe to get wax from bhoddos spores, ralesia and oleochemicals

mordras
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mordras »

Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:21 am
there should be a recipe to get wax from bhoddos spores, ralesia and oleochemicals
Ah thanks. I didn't look for recipes that created a Wax Barrel.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Hello. Do I understand correctly? A neuroprocessor is required for the production of the Py Science Pack. The neuroprocessor requires optical fiber. Fiber requires aramid at some point. For aramid, a molybdenum plate. To open the production of molybdenum plates, a technology is needed that requires a Py Science Pack. Dead end?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

factoriogame1121 wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 am
Hello. Do I understand correctly? A neuroprocessor is required for the production of the Py Science Pack. The neuroprocessor requires optical fiber. Fiber requires aramid at some point. For aramid, a molybdenum plate. To open the production of molybdenum plates, a technology is needed that requires a Py Science Pack. Dead end?
uh. maybe. just to confirm this is just py and not abpy or anything right?

futilityd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by futilityd »

Interesting. I've never created a py science pack (still working towards it). I somehow have Advanced Mining Facilities and Molybdenum Processing researched, even through both now require py science packs. My guess is that maybe at some point they only required red and green science, and now they also require py science? Otherwise I don't know what's going on with that.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

futilityd wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 am
Interesting. I've never created a py science pack (still working towards it). I somehow have Advanced Mining Facilities and Molybdenum Processing researched, even through both now require py science packs. My guess is that maybe at some point they only required red and green science, and now they also require py science? Otherwise I don't know what's going on with that.
ya i just dug into the history. looks like its new and was added 3 days ago

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 am
futilityd wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 am
ya i just dug into the history. looks like its new and was added 3 days ago
ive uploaded a new version of pyal to fix that.

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:04 pm
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:21 am
Ah thanks. I didn't look for recipes that created a Wax Barrel.
lol the wax barrel caused me also a LOT of troubles to find : )
some month ago i did think 'modules' where the thing to find out for py AL but i think this one tops everything
i really spent some time with this 'deadlock' that is none

host65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by host65 »

Is there a way to get Moondrop when playing without PyHT?

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Anyone hitting issues trying to add Modules to machines in Helmod at the moment? If I try to put animal modules (specifically Arqad and Ulrics) into their building in helmod, the screen suddenly shrinks and the module side disappears, it doesn't get added, and an error is logged from helmod to the chat about referencing a nil value.

I know it's probably a helmod issue, just curious if anyone else has seen it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mrbaggins wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:51 pm
Anyone hitting issues trying to add Modules to machines in Helmod at the moment? If I try to put animal modules (specifically Arqad and Ulrics) into their building in helmod, the screen suddenly shrinks and the module side disappears, it doesn't get added, and an error is logged from helmod to the chat about referencing a nil value.

ya ive noticed it as well. if you close helmod and reopen the window its set correctly with the modules so it seems to be some kind of ui update issue so its still usable just annoying.

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 pm
mrbaggins wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:51 pm

ya ive noticed it as well. if you close helmod and reopen the window its set correctly with the modules so it seems to be some kind of ui update issue so its still usable just annoying.
I managed to make a single module work, but couldnt set all of them (even using the Ctrl shortcut). I'm installing 11.20 now so keen to see if it fixes it.

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

What animals do folks use for products these days? I obviously need Korlex's for milk... Trying to plan things out and green and red science seems awfully close to the wire in terms of efficiency (EG: sea sponges barely give ANY extra output until you pyscience them to use tailings instead).

And do you make a little farm for each thing? Like an ulric farm for guts, an ulric farm for meat, an ulric farm for blood, or do you just split them up from a single farm?

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

How far do you plan on taking your base is the question I'd figure out first. If you plan on a rocket with satellite expect a decent size facility of practically each life form. I'm working on completing utility science at the moment and the base is immense.

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

I got through all blue and py science last time, using vanilla trains and no logistics. I restarted with 1.0 release and have had red and green finished for a while, and I'm getting close to having good alien samples done to get the next batch of critters and plants for py science.

I am intending to finish. Surprised you need everything though.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

You don't need literally everything, but it's pretty close. I think you need all types of plants and shrooms, but the amounts will vary greatly. You won't need all the animals though. You'll need those which have special parts (unless you bioprint), and one for each of the main parts. They don't have to be all different, I use Xyhiphoe both for arthropod blood and guts.

Return to β€œPyMods”