pY Alien Life - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by AndrewSkier »

Is there a chart or description somewhere what are the different animals and plant used for?
What I'm looking for is recommendation what each animal is good for with yields for full render or individual.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

AndrewSkier wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:47 am
Is there a chart or description somewhere what are the different animals and plant used for?
What I'm looking for is recommendation what each animal is good for with yields for full render or individual.
Keeping in mind that this is one of those topics where everyone has a different opinion, here are my current favorites for animal products:

Arthropod Blood: Zipir
Blood: Mukmoux or Ulric (Mux give more / recipe, but Ulric is cheaper)
Bone Meal: Bone+Meat in Jaw Crusher
Bones: Phagnot
Brain: Vrauk
Chitin: Vrauk
Guts: Xyhiphoe
Lard: Zipir
Manure: Ulric (Again, other animals might give more/recipe, but Ulric is cheaper /product. And you'll need tons of this, so cost matters)
Meat: Auog
Skin: Zipir

I also use Cottonguts for science (except for red science), Fish for Fish Oil, and others for their unique products.

Don't full render anything. The specialized recipes have been balanced and improved a lot, but the full renders have been left behind, so (currently) I don't think they're worth it.

Use the animal pups/cubs and incubate them to grow the adult versions, as soon as you get access to those recipes. Way higher yield than growing the animals on the farms. This also means the "Improved" versions are out of the picture, since you can't grow them from pups.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

well full render gives 20% overall

interesting chice with manure

muk was suposed to be best in lard on land and trit overall

for guts mux was also suposed to be super good

and for artropod blood Xyhiphoe

back to math then for me

Eventar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eventar »

I installed the full suite of Py mods and wanted to run the game. However, this error message pops up:

Failed to load mods: File not found: __pyalienlifegraphics2__/graphics/icons/ulric-infusion.png

Mods to be disabled:
- pyalienlife (1.8.7)
- pyindustry (1.4.7)

I guess there is the Icon missing for ulric-infusion?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Eventar wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:20 pm
I installed the full suite of Py mods and wanted to run the game. However, this error message pops up:

Failed to load mods: File not found: __pyalienlifegraphics2__/graphics/icons/ulric-infusion.png

Mods to be disabled:
- pyalienlife (1.8.7)
- pyindustry (1.4.7)

looks like i missed that one uploading it now. should be available in just a few minutes

Eventar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eventar »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:24 pm
Eventar wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Mods to be disabled:
- pyalienlife (1.8.7)
- pyindustry (1.4.7)

looks like i missed that one uploading it now. should be available in just a few minutes
Awesome! You saved my Sunday! (and quite possibly all the free time I have in the next months^^) Thank you :) !

yzorr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by yzorr »

I'm taking an initial look using Helmod and my feet to understand all the resource chains. I've figured out everything to get to red science -- including seaweed and the mechanic of how seaweed is a module that you need to slot to get everything started, and that you get your first seaweed through harvesting in the wild.

What I can't figure out is the sap chain. My understanding is that it works the same way as seaweed and moss. But I can't find sap. I've searched 1,000s of trees using deconstruction planner; I've tried harvesting 1,000s of trees with bots, and by hand, despite the negative deconstruction planner results. Nothing.

I've tried uninstalling all mods except Py [in case eg Alien Biomes overwrote something], and I've tried updating everything. No sap.

What am I missing?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

yzorr wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 pm
I'm taking an initial look using Helmod and my feet to understand all the resource chains. I've figured out everything to get to red science -- including seaweed and the mechanic of how seaweed is a module that you need to slot to get everything started, and that you get your first seaweed through harvesting in the wild.

What I can't figure out is the sap chain. My understanding is that it works the same way as seaweed and moss. But I can't find sap. I've searched 1,000s of trees using deconstruction planner; I've tried harvesting 1,000s of trees with bots, and by hand, despite the negative deconstruction planner results. Nothing.

I've tried uninstalling all mods except Py [in case eg Alien Biomes overwrote something], and I've tried updating everything. No sap.

What am I missing?
Did you get sap seeds? In principle you should get both, but the prize you're actually looking for is sap seeds, not sap.

If not, try starting a fresh map with just py mods. If it's still not working then something is actually broken.

Also a quirky thing I have noticed when picking up trees with bots is that one bot goes out to a tree, but that one bot can only carry one type of item, so it leaves the other types on the ground. So it's possible that your map is littered with sap and sap seeds on the ground that just didn't wind up in your inventory.
Last edited by Blokus on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yzorr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by yzorr »

There appears to be a bug in the latest recipes-sap.lua sap/sap seed spawning logic. I reverted the logic back the May 24 logic in a local copy, and everything worked fine.

for _, tree in pairs(data.raw.tree) do
tree.minable.results =
{
{type = 'item', name = 'wood', amount = tree.minable.count},
{type = 'item', name = 'saps', amount_min = 1, amount_max = 5, probability = 0.1},
{type = 'item', name = 'sap-seeds', amount = 5, probability = 0.005}
}
end

yzorr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by yzorr »

Blokus wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:10 pm

What am I missing?
Did you get sap seeds? In principle you should get both, but the prize you're actually looking for is sap seeds, not sap.

If not, try starting a fresh map with just py mods. If it's still not working then something is actually broken.

Also a quirky thing I have noticed when picking up trees with bots is that one bot goes out to a tree, but that one bot can only carry one type of item, so it leaves the other types on the ground. So it's possible that your map is littered with sap and sap seeds on the ground that just didn't wind up in your inventory.
I did try restarting several times, and restarting with only Py mods. No sap, no sap seeds. It does look like bug with recipes-sap.lua; I'm not sure what all compatibility issues were being fixed with the more complicated logic, but it does appear to have broken the base case.

I am (very) new to Py, and don't write Factorio mods at all, so I could be wrong.

zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zx64 »

Wasn't sure if to post it here or in pyPH, but since some of these recipes are pyAL specific I figured here.

Glassware with boron trioxide recipe goes from 3x to 1x when using the hot air version.
Glassware with purified quartz and refined syngas would go from 6x to 2x with hot air except that variant can't be selected, presumably a fluid box limit.
Hot air variant of Glass fibers can't be crafted.

dan96kid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dan96kid »

I just installed this mod. Is it normal for it to make Factorio take 30+ minutes to start up?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

dan96kid wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:03 pm
I just installed this mod. Is it normal for it to make Factorio take 30+ minutes to start up?
Try lowering your graphics settings and closing memory-hungry programs until after it has loaded. Full Py especially at high res graphics uses a LOT of memory, and it uses even more during load than it does while it's actually running. So that will go very, very slow if you have to do it with swap instead of physical RAM.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Caravans seem to be broken. I selected a caravan and then a Route Start and get an exception:
13115.433 Error MainLoop.cpp:1207: Exception at tick 43721860: The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.9.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_ai_command_completed (ID 115)
(nil): not enough arguments - expected 2 values.
stack traceback:
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1047: in function <__pyalienlife__/control.lua:988>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_command'
Similar if I select an end route:
14497.295 Error MainLoop.cpp:1207: Exception at tick 43710029: The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.9.0) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_gui_selection_state_changed (ID 58)
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1746: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1746: in function <__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1708>
Seems to be triggered when an outpost was build by bluebuild from a ghost. Can't test with construction bots yet.
The bluebuild mod calls
local tmp, revive = ghost.revive{raise_revive = true}
to build the ghost in case that matters.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:26 pm
Caravans seem to be broken. I selected a caravan and then a Route Start and get an exception:
13115.433 Error MainLoop.cpp:1207: Exception at tick 43721860: The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.9.0) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_ai_command_completed (ID 115)
(nil): not enough arguments - expected 2 values.
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_command'
Similar if I select an end route:
14497.295 Error MainLoop.cpp:1207: Exception at tick 43710029: The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.9.0) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_gui_selection_state_changed (ID 58)
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1746: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1746: in function <__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1708>
Seems to be triggered when an outpost was build by bluebuild from a ghost. Can't test with construction bots yet.
The bluebuild mod calls
local tmp, revive = ghost.revive{raise_revive = true}
to build the ghost in case that matters.

we know
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:15 pm
Blokus wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:10 pm

What am I missing?

I did try restarting several times, and restarting with only Py mods. No sap, no sap seeds. It does look like bug with recipes-sap.lua; I'm not sure what all compatibility issues were being fixed with the more complicated logic, but it does appear to have broken the base case.

I am (very) new to Py, and don't write Factorio mods at all, so I could be wrong.
Not that it solves your problem, but latest factorio and latest pymods (as of Sunday when I restarted my save) gets me sap and seeds, using the base pybots and a deconstruction planner.

Update your mods?

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Demosthenex wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 7:16 am
Yes, you have to put modules in the buildings. Also be aware that Helmod added a new feature just for Py recently that allows you to control-leftclick on a module to add the maximum number of that module to the factory. That's great for things like Cottonguts where you have to scroll to the bottom 40 times to add them manually...
Oh thank god.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

mrbaggins wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:00 am
Yes, you have to put modules in the buildings. Also be aware that Helmod added a new feature just for Py recently that allows you to control-leftclick on a module to add the maximum number of that module to the factory. That's great for things like Cottonguts where you have to scroll to the bottom 40 times to add them manually...
Oh thank god.
Oh thank god indeed. First time I tried to add modules in helmod I went "No way, that can't be right. I don't want to click 15 times on the same module." So I tried shift and ctrl and luckily that worked.

Also it's a good idea to then set this module configuration as default (buttons above the module list). That way next time you add the same building it will have modules in it automatically.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 am
Oh thank god.
Oh thank god indeed. First time I tried to add modules in helmod I went "No way, that can't be right. I don't want to click 15 times on the same module." So I tried shift and ctrl and luckily that worked.

Also it's a good idea to then set this module configuration as default (buttons above the module list). That way next time you add the same building it will have modules in it automatically.
Ya thats not the most convenient thing ever. Would really help if that window was filtered to only show the relevant modules for the recipe like it does buildings.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:16 am
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 am
Oh thank god.

Ya thats not the most convenient thing ever. Would really help if that window was filtered to only show the relevant modules for the recipe like it does buildings.
+1.

Does it even filter out the vanilla modules for buildings that don't accept some types?

Return to β€œPyMods”