immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Coldvyvora wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pm
Hello Everyone!
This is my first post in the forums and I've been playing factorio since 2017.

I am absolutely in love with pyanodon mods, there is SO much variety and complexity added to the game that I am finding myself lost constantly about recipes and different ways to achieve the same goals inside red or green science only.
I like the fact that there are REALLY bad recipes to make the same thing, making the solution to a problem inefficient and creating different problems later down the line. You have to keep a keen eye for different ways of making things!

I was making a replay on the new versions of Py alien life and everything included and I noticed there is a new recipe for Empty petri dish. It can only be done in a Glassworks building. It consumes any liquid that has an energy amount as I understand. For early game this building is an absolute PAIN, like no other building on my previous replays. It sucks 27 whole MW of any combustible fluid, and even dedicating all my nearby oil patches to make fuel oil (800kj) it gives out a measly amount of petri dishes, with no other recipe in sight. Only solution I find to this bottleneck right now is to scale early game power into double or triple of whats needed.

Is there anything planed to make this building a bit smoother on early game? I consider the jump on energy requirement unbearable almost unfair. Perhaps a slower and less consuming building

Thanks for the mod, really. I It pushed my hours of factorio into the fourth digit by itself.

New wasps are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G btw.

Cheers
tip make bee diesel / kerones or simply hook up a few nat gas wells
alternatively try heavy oil

PK24
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PK24 »

hello everyone,

just wanted to say that currently u cant play pyalienlife without pyhightech as u get the following error message

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... pid=427520

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

BioIndustries works fine on its own.

When i try to add pyal, i get this error:

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mithaldu wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:02 pm
BioIndustries works fine on its own.

When i try to add pyal, i get this error:

ok ill look into it

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Thanks. :)

scorpionmano
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scorpionmano »

I installed Py Alien Life (with all dependent mods required) and I'm getting this error. I have a handful of QoL mods but the error popped up before I installed the bulk of them. The screen shot is below.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

scorpionmano wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:48 pm
I installed Py Alien Life (with all dependent mods required) and I'm getting this error. I have a handful of QoL mods but the error popped up before I installed the bulk of them. The screen shot is below.

your missing pyht and thats causing the error as a few recipes where asking for pyht stuff when they shouldnt have been. its being worked on. to fix add pyht or wait for the next patch that should be out sometime in the next 24hr

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:43 pm
seawed, moss, saps etc... now have the same mechanics of all other crop/animal buildings. its hard to make the first versions, them you just need to put them in the machines to make it faster.
wanted to say: i really like the update for these (and wood) -> it feels very consistent how pyAL works now!

War_lord_FTW
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by War_lord_FTW »

Hey guys, a little bit of help... I just started getting into pyalien stuff in my play through, and I need biomass to feed my first vrauk. There are WAY too many recipes for biomass. Can anyone tell me which ones are good where I am and later? most of the ones I look at are just not efficient enough to be feasible in a loop, and I really don't wanna use wood or cellulose. pls help

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

War_lord_FTW wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:14 pm
Hey guys, a little bit of help... I just started getting into pyalien stuff in my play through, and I need biomass to feed my first vrauk. There are WAY too many recipes for biomass. Can anyone tell me which ones are good where I am and later? most of the ones I look at are just not efficient enough to be feasible in a loop, and I really don't wanna use wood or cellulose. pls help
Try plankton.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

War_lord_FTW wrote:
Most of mine is coming from plankton into a composter, raw fiber broken down to fiber and biomass, and then fiber into a composter when I have enough fiber stored.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

War_lord_FTW wrote:
good ones for long term use:
moss weed kical sap latex creamy plankton wood

for resource dependent ones crude oil

besides that tiny amounts can be made from all sorts o stuff

shoo_be_doo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shoo_be_doo »

Is it possible to add pY Alien Life to an existing save? I recently started playing pY mods with a friend after we finished Bob/Angel's with Space Exploration, but we didn't realize that pY Alien Life existed. We're about 12 hours in, and would prefer not to have to restart if we wanna give pYAL a try…

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

shoo_be_doo wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Is it possible to add pY Alien Life to an existing save? I recently started playing pY mods with a friend after we finished Bob/Angel's with Space Exploration, but we didn't realize that pY Alien Life existed. We're about 12 hours in, and would prefer not to have to restart if we wanna give pYAL a try…
theres 2 major issues.

1. seaweed and bioreserve are spawned on map and you not have any in the start area. only really a big issue if you have biters to deal with

2. it will break all your science as even red science have some significant changes.

not saying you cant but need to do some major work if you do.

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zizzleswomp »

I wanted to do some experiments with caravans but I'm getting an error almost immediately when trying to use them. Easiest repro: start a new sandbox game, create and place 2 caravan depots, and one caravan. Using the auog control device tool, select the caravan. Choose the Route Start to be one of the caravans. Do not select the Route End yet. The caravan runs over to the Route Start and triggers the exception. If you choose the Route End first, then the Route Start, the exception does not occur.

1202.914 Error MainLoop.cpp:1205: Exception at tick 6418: The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.7.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_ai_command_completed (ID 115)
(nil): not enough arguments - expected 2 values.
stack traceback:
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:903: in function <__pyalienlife__/control.lua:844>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_command'
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:903: in function <__pyalienlife__/control.lua:844>

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

A few questions about the modules:
1. modules tree-mk02-04 do not have recipes and are not tied to technology
2. Animal modules have bonuses to speed (+) and productivity (-).Does a productivity bonus affect something? Since it does not decrease less than 1.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

kots01 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:03 pm
A few questions about the modules:
1. modules tree-mk02-04 do not have recipes and are not tied to technology
2. Animal modules have bonuses to speed (+) and productivity (-).Does a productivity bonus affect something? Since it does not decrease less than 1.
1. modules tree-mk02-04 recipes are not done yet.
2. no its floored to 0%. its there to stop people from cheating by using them where they are not meant to be

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

I added pyal to a running py game and several of my buildings straightup stopped taking in steam despite the pipe being connected and full and the temp reading as 165°.

How do i debug what the fuck is going on.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Please accept, Pyanodon, my sincere respect. I don’t know who you are, but what you do is simply amazing.

I launched a game with the costly cost of recipes (as I always do) with a 4-x cost factor. I play for 16 hours and have not really organized a complete, coordinated chain for red research packages. This is just ecstasy for my thirsty for complex brain tests. For each small stage, you have to devote your time. Because of the high cost, you have to think which technology is prioritized at this stage.

Of course, I’m still a busy person and only from time to time I just watch what you are doing, but it’s already clear to me that the game Factorio without your mods is not a game that would catch me. Someday I will definitely devote enough time to fully examine what you have done. I will need to take a very large vacation for this ..

But already in the first steps you can feel the brilliant talent of the compiler of truly worthy mental solutions. This is not to mention the details. Drawing. Animation. Even the sound of the buildings. Someday I will thank you for it. In fact, this is the only game I sometimes spend time on. And she became so precisely because of you.

Thank you and everyone who helps you. I am glad that I discovered you.

ps Didn’t it seem to me? Or did my card get so “unsuccessful"? Is there no ordinary coal on the map? Only unenriched? It's just amazing!

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

because py has so MANY resources sometimes you'll have to travel a lot to find a specific one.

Return to “PyMods”