Smart Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

Demosthenex wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:59 pm
Updated to latest today pyalienlife_1.6.9.zip, and nonstop console errors:

15789.769 Script @__pyalienlife__/control.lua:667: transport-belt
15790.080 Script @__pyalienlife__/control.lua:665: klonan bot did a thing
Those are not errors. Unnecessary log statements that I forgot to disable yes but not errors

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:10 am
Those are not errors. Unnecessary log statements that I forgot to disable yes but not errors
No problem, I thought it was a debugging statement left on. I'll disregard but wanted you to know.

settdigger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by settdigger »

Any help with this? Thanks in advance. Trying to command my first auog.

Error while running event pyalienlife:on_ai_command_completed (ID 113)
real number expected got table.
stack traceback:
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:891:in function
<__pyalienlife__/control.lua:832>
stack traceback:
[C]:in function 'set command'

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

settdigger wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:43 pm
Any help with this? Thanks in advance. Trying to command my first auog.

Error while running event pyalienlife:on_ai_command_completed (ID 113)
real number expected got table.
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
[C]:in function 'set command'
not at the moment no. seems something somewhere as got the wrong data and that code expected a number and not a table. did you set the destination? if so ill need to do some testing and see what went wrong and fix it as its supposed to get a position of an entity and it didnt.

settdigger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by settdigger »

I might be able to send a savegame if it's helpful. Yes I set a start and end point; it didn't like it.

But then I scooped up everything and tried again and it worked fine.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Just to share, working our way thru the initial corpus of cool creatures!

https://i.imgur.com/QomsIqO.png

We already have industrial scale crap farming, thanks to auogs.

The Py AL mod is very interesting. The idea of "raising" the modules to enable farms to run is really creative! I like the cottongut's, raising pups to full size. How cute!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Demosthenex wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 am
Just to share, working our way thru the initial corpus of cool creatures!

https://i.imgur.com/QomsIqO.png

We already have industrial scale crap farming, thanks to auogs.

The Py AL mod is very interesting. The idea of "raising" the modules to enable farms to run is really creative! I like the cottongut's, raising pups to full size. How cute!
looks interesting but what all exactly are you doing in that area? like Frankensteins lab is a bit empty looking from that pic

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:10 am
looks interesting but what all exactly are you doing in that area? like Frankensteins lab is a bit empty looking from that pic
Originally we put down labels to reserve blocks for purposes. We had 2x2 blocks for animals, and I've already used 3. Frankenstein's Lab is the last reservation icon.

EDIT: The area is for basic automation raising the initial corpus of creatures required to go establish a factory farm. So DNA download, make initial creature (minimum 10), raise to maturity, raise more to cache for building elsewhere.

War_lord_FTW
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by War_lord_FTW »

Hey does anyone know what's up with the petri dishes? Both FNEI and What is it really used for say that you only need to put in glass into a glassworks mk1. The building itself also indicates that that's the only thing it needs, but it then says missing required fluid. Helmod says that it also needs methanol, but I don't have a recipe unlocked for methanol. I just got started with pyalienlife and first time going through anything in the pysuite. I'm trying to get to red science.

Edit: Nevermind any liquid fuel
Last edited by War_lord_FTW on Sat May 16, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

I found a weird minor bug. When you select the phytoplankton farm to be built from an assembly machine, it shows up under the Alien Life tab but when you look for it under circuit conditions on an inserter, it's under Fusion Energy.

Still loving the mod! Great work!

Alkin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alkin »

Hi, caravans cause crash games.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IgrgK ... W5xc0aW3-I

stream with reference to time:
https://youtu.be/vQu-7Bxmoi8?t=5047

TheMegaMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheMegaMan »

Were the super early-game recipes/buildings for moss and seaweed nerfed in the newest update? I could've sworn helmod had calculated the # of moss buildings needed to supply a single research facility producing red science to be 16-20 but now it's telling me I need over 160.

That seems pretty extreme to me, even for this set of mods.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

TheMegaMan wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:17 pm
Were the super early-game recipes/buildings for moss and seaweed nerfed in the newest update? I could've sworn helmod had calculated the # of moss buildings needed to supply a single research facility producing red science to be 16-20 but now it's telling me I need over 160.

That seems pretty extreme to me, even for this set of mods.
seawed, moss, saps etc... now have the same mechanics of all other crop/animal buildings. its hard to make the first versions, them you just need to put them in the machines to make it faster.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

TheMegaMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheMegaMan »

I guess this mod pack isn't for me then. 5 minutes a craft on the very first level of moss is way too much.

EDIT: I'll leave what I wrote for posterity, but I ended up watching a video that explained the actual mechanic of all the alien life buildings. In case anyone else is slow on the uptake like myself, you can take the moss that is crafted and slot it into the building like it was a module. That's why the moss tooltip says, "Speed 130, Prod -0.1%," or whatever the exact values are. It just didn't click in my mind to use the moss in that way with no prompting from the mod.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

TheMegaMan wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:41 am
I guess this mod pack isn't for me then. 5 minutes a craft on the very first level of moss is way too much.

EDIT: I'll leave what I wrote for posterity, but I ended up watching a video that explained the actual mechanic of all the alien life buildings. In case anyone else is slow on the uptake like myself, you can take the moss that is crafted and slot it into the building like it was a module. That's why the moss tooltip says, "Speed 130, Prod -0.1%," or whatever the exact values are. It just didn't click in my mind to use the moss in that way with no prompting from the mod.
another one , many are like u also hellmod sometimes derps out and the new calculator too

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Yes, you have to put modules in the buildings. Also be aware that Helmod added a new feature just for Py recently that allows you to control-leftclick on a module to add the maximum number of that module to the factory. That's great for things like Cottonguts where you have to scroll to the bottom 40 times to add them manually...

Coldvyvora
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Coldvyvora »

Hello Everyone!
This is my first post in the forums and I've been playing factorio since 2017.

I am absolutely in love with pyanodon mods, there is SO much variety and complexity added to the game that I am finding myself lost constantly about recipes and different ways to achieve the same goals inside red or green science only.
I like the fact that there are REALLY bad recipes to make the same thing, making the solution to a problem inefficient and creating different problems later down the line. You have to keep a keen eye for different ways of making things!

I was making a replay on the new versions of Py alien life and everything included and I noticed there is a new recipe for Empty petri dish. It can only be done in a Glassworks building. It consumes any liquid that has an energy amount as I understand. For early game this building is an absolute PAIN, like no other building on my previous replays. It sucks 27 whole MW of any combustible fluid, and even dedicating all my nearby oil patches to make fuel oil (800kj) it gives out a measly amount of petri dishes, with no other recipe in sight. Only solution I find to this bottleneck right now is to scale early game power into double or triple of whats needed.

Is there anything planed to make this building a bit smoother on early game? I consider the jump on energy requirement unbearable almost unfair. Perhaps a slower and less consuming building

Thanks for the mod, really. I It pushed my hours of factorio into the fourth digit by itself.

New wasps are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G btw.

Cheers

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Try use tar...alternate with coal gas... the number of fluids that can be used are big :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “PyMods”