pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by Tierre »

Hello,

Is this intentional, that all the plants actualy have -1% to productivity, so fawogae plantation mk2 will have 40% of product lost? That makes it very ineffective to use at higher levels.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

Productivity is capped at 0 on the bottom end.

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

reapersms wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:45 pm
So why do we even need this? I mean i would better use factorissimo and make tons of MK1 farms than go for MK2...

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by razahin »

Tierre wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:29 pm
reapersms wrote:
So why do we even need this? I mean i would better use factorissimo and make tons of MK1 farms than go for MK2...
I believe its to prevent nonsensical behaviors with animal recipes producing extra barrels and cages for free. I've been using MK2 buildings for their increased speed, which allows me to lower factory footprint. I don't play with Factorissimo since it feels like cheating, and I am running a train world.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Tierre wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:29 pm
reapersms wrote:
Its there to keep people from doing dumbass things like using those modules in miners since some of them have very vary high speed bonuses.

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Alien Life 1.5.6 won't load because it's missing Fish-6 image.

I have AL 1.5.6
ALgraphics1 1.1.6
ALgraphics2 1.0.6
Algraphics3 1.0.8

I think AL Graphics 1 updated with PyAL

Edit:
Copy pasting fish 5 now crashes looking for fish 7...
Edit2:
Copy pasting into fish-07 fixes it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mrbaggins wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:19 am
Alien Life 1.5.6 won't load because it's missing Fish-6 image.

I have AL 1.5.6
ALgraphics1 1.1.6
ALgraphics2 1.0.6
Algraphics3 1.0.8

I think AL Graphics 1 updated with PyAL

Edit:
Copy pasting fish 5 now crashes looking for fish 7...
Edit2:
Copy pasting into fish-07 fixes it.
had some technical issues but 1.1.7 is up now and should fix that error

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Moondrops are still showing really high production values. It looks like when the bonus quantity (10% 1-3 x Moondrop) of moondrop is triggered, when processing moondrop seeds in the botanical nursery, it records that 29G of moondrop as being produced. Over the life of my 178 hour playthrough, it shows that 2.6T moondrop have been produced.

havvy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by havvy »

Those moondrop numbers are a Factorio bug, so should be filed in the bugs forum. Isolating it to a single small mod would help the factorio devs there.

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

Can't load saves with latest version of ALien Life
206.033 Error MainLoop.cpp:1202: Exception at tick 24485468: The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.5.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_nth_tick(30)
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1067: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'next'
__pyalienlife__/control.lua:1067: in function <__pyalienlife__/control.lua:950>

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

Newest version solved the problem (i mean wow! that was fast)...

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Wow, I should have made Mukmoux ages ago. Super fast manure, super fast brains (compared to me doing ulric and vrauk so far)

And bones and blood and guts to boot.

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

Hello, I just wanted to drop a notice here for something I stumbled across regarding Moondrops.

The buildings cap out at +32767% Speed, which translates to Crafting Speed ~3.29. I don't know if this is a base game limitation.

This means a Moondrop Greenhouse MK04 would max out at 66 Moondrops MK01. The remaining 14 Module Slots are basically useless.
If you upgrade your Moondrop Modules then upgrading the Moondrop Greenhouse to MK04 is basically useless as well.

I haven't checked any further with any other buildings/plants/animals. Just wanted to let you know as this seems rather random and unintentional.

Thanks for everything!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Veez wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:26 pm
Hello, I just wanted to drop a notice here for something I stumbled across regarding Moondrops.

The buildings cap out at +32767% Speed, which translates to Crafting Speed ~3.29. I don't know if this is a base game limitation.

This means a Moondrop Greenhouse MK04 would max out at 66 Moondrops MK01. The remaining 14 Module Slots are basically useless.
If you upgrade your Moondrop Modules then upgrading the Moondrop Greenhouse to MK04 is basically useless as well.

I haven't checked any further with any other buildings/plants/animals. Just wanted to let you know as this seems rather random and unintentional.

Thanks for everything!
Its already been fixed.

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

Thanks and sorry for reporting it wrongly.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Bug - getting arthropod blood is broken from:
1) Vonix
2) Dhilmo
3) Knaut
4) Xyhipoe
5) Zipir
Getting blood in slaughter hous requires only time and electricity and no resources needed

Exceptions are recipes with improved versions of these victims - they're require resource for crafting

All py mods have last version

Anyone have this bug?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

I only have Xyp's that can go straight to blood, at 80 units per, and cannot confirm. My slaughterhouse sits idle waiting for a xyp.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:36 pm
1) Vonix
2) Dhilmo
3) Knaut
4) Xyhipoe
5) Zipir
Getting blood in slaughter hous requires only time and electricity and no resources needed

Exceptions are recipes with improved versions of these victims - they're require resource for crafting

Anyone have this bug?
Are you using pycoaltbaa

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

I wanted to share some sections of the base I've been working on and offer some meandering feedback for the py/chem science part of the game, as this feels like the time when all the Alien Life elements really start flowing into use. A few new mushrooms, several new interesting plants and animals, Mk2 modules, and new approaches with assisted embryology all become available to toy with around the same time with py and chemical science, so I think I'll be spending some time here playing around with different critters before attacking the climb toward Prod/Utility science.

Manure Farm
Recipes:
Manure: auog-manure-5 (Quality Food+Water)
Milk: korlex-milk-1b (tuuphra, bhoddos)
Bhoddos: bhoddos1 (spores, biomass, water)
Tuuphra: tuuphra3 (coarse fraction, soil, seeds, water)

Since some things just grow better in a fresh pile. This seemed the most approachable build for scaling manure to prepare for other farms without getting into relatively huge and/or complicated builds. 18 manure in 40 seconds is a solid recipe if you can manage to piece together the quality food. The early availability of the Mk2 Paddock helps keep the paddock area smaller with the additional auog. The goal was to output 20/second, but won't manage that until I get the Auog Mk2s in there (well, it was 30/s, but I missed that I had planned with the 5b recipe until mostly finished :oops: ). Mukmoux are also an option here, but I don't think they really shine without the craft time reduction with quality food, which takes Rennea, which are either large builds or terrible manure hogs at this stage. For a build that only needed biosamples and sulfuric as notable rail inputs, with coke and wood seeds as minor inputs, I was quite happy with how it turned out.

Yotoi Farm
Recipes:
Aloe: yotoi6 (ash, limestone, sand, biomass, manure, seeds, water)
Fruit: yotoifruit6 (stone, ash, limestone, soil, biomass, manure, water)
Here I wanted to build a farm to feed leaves into the bedding factory, while providing excess fruit for food uses. Even with the improved bedding recipe, it takes 1 aloe for 2 bedding. Targets were about 10 fruit and 8 aloe/second. This is the largest single build I've done to date in Py's mods at close to 400 buildings. Though I have the Mk2 buildings available for these, the single extra module slot didn't do much to reduce build size, and the sheer volume of modules made early adoption of Mk2 modules impractical. Additionally, the #7 and #8 recipes that incorporate blood meal just increase the size of the build or require significant existing support from fiber, wood, and blood mills, for paltry gains. All that considered, this was mostly a task in scaling extraction and sorting systems and the associated belt logistics (which, I must admit, is made different with the stacking beltboxes mod I'm also using; fewer belt lines, more complexity with stacking/unstacking).

I think the Blood Meal recipes for Yotoi could use some attention. The #8 fruit recipe does manage a modest scale reduction due to the craft time reduction (60 -> 50s), but this isn't reflected in the #8 aloe recipe (remains 100s). The additional blood meal only increases output/craft slightly, and I don't think I'd usually exchange 8 blood meal for 1 or 2 of yotoi aloe/fruit. Unless you're desperate for a blood meal sink... somehow.

Small beginnings to some, I'm sure. Anyway, I'm quite enjoying the challenges pyAL has brought on (have managed the glassworks and raw coal changes swimmingly so far) and quite enjoying the new buildings and icons. Now, on to planning the Grod farm, New Vraukland, and the Bedding Factory...

edit: since people have asked, and I should have expected this, the icons on map is a debug menu (F4) option: show-recipe-icons-on-map
Last edited by mathiaszealot on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:49 am
aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:36 pm
1) Vonix
2) Dhilmo
3) Knaut
4) Xyhipoe
5) Zipir

Anyone have this bug?
Are you using pycoaltbaa
Yes i'm using bcuz i need it to play with some bob's mods, many of bob's mods don't want to work without pycaoltbaa
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “PyMods”